What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few of my Plants

I guess this will be my first post here so I figured I would Post a few pictures of some of my Nepths.
[Click all pictures for full size.]

N. Caesar - [Merrilliana X Truncata]
This is its First Pitcher since I got it.

This one is cool, you can see the fluids forming inside the pitcher.

N. Puna - [Maxima x (Tobiaca x Talangensis)]

N. Talangensis

N. Rajah
This is its first pitcher, took about 3 months to grow but it is finaly starting to pop out pitchers pretty fast.

N. Jacquelinae

And Finally

N. Villosa

This addiction is getting our of hand :-))

Last edited:
Very nice!
How will we deal with two members with "pyro" as part of their username?

Cheers,

Joe

Amazing plants! What are your growing conditions?
-Matt

Thanks!

I live in Connecticut so it is pretty easy to give them the night temps they like (55-65°F), when night rolls around I open my window behind the rack and it cools everything down. I grow all of my Nepenthes on a grow rack with out a terrarium, witch i have tried a few times but it never really seemed to make much of a difference. Day temps reach about 75-80°F and the humidity can range from 50%-80% depending on the time of the day.

On the bottom picture you can see the thermostat + hydrometer for the bottom shelf.

Here is the setup I grow everything on:

Very nice setup and pics thepyro. Welcome to TF. Thanks for sharing :).

Daniel

Hmm so your Rajah and your jacquelinae work well on the grow rack setup? How do you control the humidity for them do you mist or have humidity tray or a humidifier? Thanks i am just interested because you have 2 plant si want tgo grow :-D

I just water daily, I do put a live sphagnum topping on pretty much all of my plants though. I only empty the black trays below the pots every few weeks so after one or two waterings it starts to collect.

You water daily :S you wanna be carefull of root rot. I also noticed you had a Bicalarata is that also grown on your grow rack?

Its in the 6" non-hanging pot on the top shelf. I have most of my plants stacked on cups so they drain out fast.

Oh ok what is the plant mix you use than?

1 : 1 peat : perlite
So far it has worked pretty well even though it is pretty basic.

Hmm and you say you water every day. That sounds like root rot waiting to happen IMO.

I really like the N. Caesar. I contemplated buying one a few months ago but ultimately decided against it. Now I'm wishing I had decided otherwise!

Looks great, nice plants. Your baby jacq looks nice and happy! How great that must be to have a nearby window as a source for the night temp. drops.

You are growing your rajah and jac in peat and perlite?

No, I am not sure what the vendor had them in when i got them. I have not re-potted them yet. The 1:1 peat : perlite was what I am using currently for what I have re-potted, sorry.

Man! You gotta tell me what camera you use. Fantastic pics. That camera has tons of potential to take amazing pics. :) wow!!!!

Great job dude! I mean wow! growing rajah, villosa, jacq and even a pitchering talangensis. Damn! Especially in a simple setup like that!!! Wow! shows how fortunate some people are to have conditions to easily cater highlanders. :) Good job!! damn! looking at every talangensis makes me madder and madder about mine not pitchering. :(

JMurphy what would you recommend for a mix for those 2 plants?

Great nepenthes! Nice shot! my friend.
Duckking really love your N. Talangensis and N. Jacquelinae.
They are looking great.:-D
Really envy your growing conditions.:love:
The night temp is a big problem to me.
b8147e75.gif

Anyway, thanks to your sharing, and welcome to TF.

Man! You gotta tell me what camera you use. Fantastic pics. That camera has tons of potential to take amazing pics. :) wow!!!!

Great job dude! I mean wow! growing rajah, villosa, jacq and even a pitchering talangensis. Damn! Especially in a simple setup like that!!! Wow! shows how fortunate some people are to have conditions to easily cater highlanders. :) Good job!! damn! looking at every talangensis makes me madder and madder about mine not pitchering. :(

Thanks! My camera is a Cannon EOS 400d with the 70-200mm f4L IS USM Lens it's really nice till you have to take macro photos because the minimum focus distance is 4' ( I really need to get a macro lens ):-D

My talangensis took a nice 4 months to start pitchering after I received it, how long have you had yours?

Back