What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting ready for new plants :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
im gonna be stickin to highland. obviously because i have perfect highland conditions here in Washington
gonna get a Rajah and a Lowii...
stretchin it out there but hell, its worth a try!
:3
only thing ive killed is a batch of VFTs. xD

Do show us pics when you get it. :) Good luck! :)

I've got some rajah seedlings going gangbusters here in Oly, SK. You should have little trouble. I've got lowii starts as well, but I haven't had them too long so it's a little soon to tell. Of course, much of my success is probably owed to my high quality source. :D
~Joe

very nice
o_o your in olympia?! lol your like 30 minutes from me...xD

man!!! How can ppl get seeds for plants like rajah?? I never see any such amazing species on the trading forums :(

man!!! How can ppl get seeds for plants like rajah?? I never see any such amazing species on the trading forums :(

I was just thinking the same thing! Everybody talks about these great seedlings they've got going...I've only seen seeds offered a handful of times. Must be from private collections.

You need to make the right friends. Rajah seeds have been publicly offered once a long time ago., but most of the rarer seeds are offered privately through PM or otherwise.

Cool. How old is the rajah supposed to be?

You need to make the right friends.
You make it sound so mob-like.

Actually, it's a cult. You need to know the 'secret handshake'. :0o:

I wouldn't really call it "mob-like", but when someone gets access to extremely hard to find seeds, they're not going to give them to just anybody. If rajah seeds were publicly offered, they'd be snapped up by everyone who has any clue what a nep is in a matter of minutes. Tons of people have rajah, but I can think of maybe 10 people on the planet that have the conditions to care for one long term.

No use wasting something rare. If 99% of the people that wanted rajah seeds got them, it'd be just that - a complete waste. As I said, hardly anyone (comparatively) can deal with the plant until maturity.

Kinda the same thing with other species, but I guess more with rate. Why give them to a n00b who might not even get any to germinate, or will get very low germination, when you can give them to a good grower you know can get high germination and also care for the resulting plants properly.

Some call it snobby, but realistically, that's what is known as responsible.

I agree you have to know people. You have to learn to grow the easy to get stuff then show you are committed and can handle the harder to get rarer stuff. Call it paying your dues and showing your commitment to the plants. So if that is not a better reason to get to know people and make friends, I don't know what is.

Oh, I don't disagree with either of you; in fact, I agree 100%.
I just found how you said it to be somewhat comical. ;)

I'm in regular contact with a large owner of CP's in NZ, haven't known for long, already I'm getting free CP's! I'm getting a free pot of Drosera Capensis, free Sarracenia rhizomes, and cheaper plants :)

When I say large, I mean large. I asked about baby 2 year old Sarr's... over 2000 of them to look at if I wanted to go through them all. 1000 adults Sarr's, 1000 Drosera. 30 different types of Nep's, 3 types of Heliamphora...

since this thread has gone astray, im gonna close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back