What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey guys, it's me again (oi, stop rolling your eyes ;) )

I have a 20 gallon aquarium converted to terrarium with door-mounted fan ventilation (time cycled).

Climate:
Daytime: 82-88 degrees (I can make it hotter), 75-85% humidity - usually hovers ~ 82%
Nighttime: 76-82 degrees, 85-95% humidity - usually hovers ~ 90%
Light: Three GE 6500K 48" daylight T12's, and three GE high red/blue 48" plant light T12's

Which (smaller, or at least smaller for a couple years while I build a bigger terrarium) Neps would do well in such an environment?

I currently am thinking of a few of these as possibilities, but I'm sure some of them get too big (finding info online about what size some of these get is kind of a joke, I swear I tried):
Nepenthes ampullaria
Nepenthes bellii x ventricosa
Nepenthes bicalcarata x ampullaria (too big?)
Nepenthes ventricosa (highland but apparently can grow in lowland conditions)
Nepenthes sanguinea
Nepenthes rafflesiana
Nepenthes truncata
Nepenthes rajah (highland; wrong conditions?)

If anyone has suggestions for others not listed, I'd love to hear them.

Bellii, gracilis.

Amp will eventually get wide. All the others will get big eventually. If you get a small truncata...like 3" or so, it'll take a reaaaaaaaally long time to put on enough size.

Yeah and veto on the rajah.

N. campanulata, N. adnata.

If you want one, you better try and scarf one up as soon as you can. They sold out, IIRC. It may be four more years until you can get one if you don't buy one the next chance you get. I'm still looking for N. adnata in the states. No one has them for some reason.

Very cute plant, Duckking. It's really one of my favorite species because it never vines. I've got a male, two female clones, and an unknown clone from BE. They all took a beating from shipping, but are slowly but surely recovering and producing pitchers.

Back