What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patience is...

.. growing a N. lowii from this size:

tinylowii.jpg

To this size (with a long way to go still!). This is just short of four years.
Nlowii1.jpg

Capslock

Nice job Capslock ! Isn't it rewarding seeing the kids get all grown up ?

Great stuff, Max. I love N. lowii lowers. I think they might be my favorite species lower pitchers; and, (nobody stone me) are ten times better than the uppers! Thanks for sharing.

xvart.

Here, here. The uppers are disgusting.

Great job. If your lucky, your vision won't be too bad from old age by the time it makes uppers, and you'll be able to see them, JK :p

The intensity of the slowness makes my head hurt. But it's got to be a great feeling to keep it chugging along for that long. Hopefully it'll grow even faster in the next four years!

I think the uppers are freaking awesome.

Wow four years. Mine is making two pitchers and I'm afraid re-potting it in the new mix might hurt it. Nice pics.

Thats crazy :) I only waited 5 months for some from hawaii to pitcher :)

I love nepenthes lowii uppers, I had a dream of me finding a nepenthes lowii cutting, a cutting that had been taken from a vine with uppers and in the dream it only had one pitcher on it and it had not opened and was roughly as tall as my hand is wide.

Dude, that's awesome, you can be one of those monks in the orange robes. XD

Max,
how old was it in the 1st picture?
Tom

Back