What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

common ventricosa

I dont believe Ive ever posted a pic of this plant before, just your typical ventricosa. Super common and super easy to grow... but still looks nice sitting on the shelf

ventricosa.jpg

Av

Are all of your plants red like that?
haha, just kidding.

Looks great. The red running down the leaves is really something.

hehehehe, now that hadnt occured to me.. :-))

its actually on a lower shelf, about 18" from the lights

I love those vivid reds. Very strong lighting, indeed.

Wow!! That red spine running down the middle of the leaves is just amazing!!! Awesome plant.

Beautifully grown plant. Love the almost metallic red on the lip of the pitures.

Great example of why N. ventricosa parents some great hybrids. I count four open pitchers and three in progress? Nice pitcher to leaf ratio.

xvart.

Man my first ever nep was ventricosa and somehow it died on me.

I wouldn't call that a "common" ventricosa.
Looks AMAZING!

Great example of why N. ventricosa parents some great hybrids. I count four open pitchers and three in progress? Nice pitcher to leaf ratio.

xvart.

Thanks for the kind words, ventricosa are a very beautiful and often under-appreciated plant

xvart, there is actually another open pitcher that is in the rear and not shown in the pic, and there was another one in progress that was accidentally decapitated :blush: doh!

Av

Fantastic plant B! I love the midrib coloration. :D However, pitcher wise, I don't really like this species. :p lol! tooooo common IMO. :p

Even if they are a little plain by comparison, I'm a fan of these guys. What they lack in decoration they make up for in gaping-mouthed carnivorous functionality. The hourglass shape and flared peristome sell me on them every time. Very nice plant, Av.
~Joe

Fantastic specimen with great color. How old is it, and what's the size of the plant and the pitchers?

Very healthy looking Ventricosa the pitchers looks nice and colorful.

I might have to get one one. =)

hmmmm guessing 18" span, maybe 6"+ pitchers... Ive had it a couple years I guess, it can grow very fast... Ive had to quit feeding it as often as I use too, running out of room for it.

Was there anything done to the colors or is that exactly how it looks up close and in "person"?

I recently saw some very healthy ventratas at a greenhouse. You could tell that they'd just arrived from the warm climate that TCs them and they were just beautiful. Sometimes it is nice to go back and take a nice look at these "commoners". I still think that the D capensis is one heck of an amazing creation.

great plant-as expected from you!

ilbasso, the color is very accurate... the green is almost fluorescent under the bright light...very pretty leaves

and errr ahhh thanks mate, I am honored.. :hail:

Butch

I can only echo what everyone else said, that plant is just beautifully colored! Before, I have been a bit partial to the N. ventricosa form with cream pitchers, but I have to say the intensely red pitchers are stunning. I guess having both in a collection would be a nice combination.

Regards,

Christer

Holy Cow ! That's a nice looking plant even if it is common. I have an average to below average one that I was extremely happy with until seeing you pic. Dang it.

Back