What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water question

I got my new tds meter today and went around testing some water. My tap is about 170ppm and after it goes through the britta filter it goes down to about 90ppm. I know it's still high but would it ok for neps that dry out faster by the window?

I think anything under 100ppm is ok for CPs, but I haven't used tap water or water with PPM that low, since my tap is about 1031ppm. I get my water from the machine at Walmart (or the 2 times a year that it rains).

Yeah that should be good. My nepenthes are quite forgiving when it comes to harder water. My D. capensis are also watered with the same harder water (about 100ppm). I only use distilled water for my cephalotus and dionaea.

90 ppm is not that high at all.

Is that even safe for humans to drink at 1031ppm? That's good to know I might wash them out with rain water every week or so just to be safe. Thanks.

Back