What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

glider14

Always a newbie
I thought id take some pics of some of my highlanders!
N. lowii. starting to look better and better with every leaf!
100_0245.jpg

100_0244.jpg

N. tentaculata. still a favorite of mine!
100_0241.jpg

N. aristolochiodes. anyone know whats wrong with that growth tip? its been fine up until now!
100_0243.jpg

The terrarium i grow these in.
100_0240.jpg

N. splendiana x truncata seedlings! germinated 1-1-08!
100_0246.jpg

N. fusca sarawak. they are starting to look more like uppers!
100_0248.jpg

N. clipeata x eymae
100_0238.jpg

N. 'Sabre'
100_0237.jpg

my FIRST EVER flower stalk. its a male N. sanguinea orange!
100_0227.jpg

Alex

nice nice!!! but you didn't put a proper link for your fusca sarawak. ;)

there. fixed V!

very nice! that tentactulata's pitcher:leaf ratio is crazy!!!

Your sanguinea is a male ICYDK.

Great plants. Love the 'sabre', of course. Your tentaculata is fantastic also.

I got the same seeds as you and most of mine germinated too around the same time

How long will it take for them to mature and start growing normal sized pitchers?

How long will it take for them to mature and start growing normal sized pitchers?
~18 months from germination date, if not longer. I have some 1 yr seedlings that are barely breaking an inch. On the other hand, I have one 19 mo. old seedling thats ~1' in diameter.

Nice stuff btw.

I'm loving your N. tentaculata. In my opinion, it's more elegant than its more popular sibling, N. hamata. I love the pitcher mouth for some reason. Really cool shape.

yeah, Tentaculata is deffinitly one of my favorite neps, like you said, more so than hamata. looking very nice glider, im jealous :3
i cant wait for my lowii to start taking off. though mine has larger leaves....just smaller pitchers lol.
lets just see how it does....
its like a race now between you and i....
whose great-grandchildren will see the uppers off our lowiis first....

Dear Alex,

Great looking plants. I look forward to seeing some more mature N. lowii lowers as they get some more girth. Where's your friend these days to tell you how you can't grow plants? lol.

N. aristolochiodes. anyone know whats wrong with that growth tip? its been fine up until now!

Not to rain on this parade, but I had a N. aristolochiodes that was smaller than yours, and the tiny growth tip started to turn black and look like yours. Needless to say, it didn't make it, but my conditions were severely less than ideal for an N. aristolochiodes. Hopefully it's not the same thing. I wish I had a picture to compare.

xvart.

nice fusca Alex. :) I got one recently...I can't take any credit for its current pitchers as it was grown outdoors by a master of neps. It seems like a real slow plant...is this right??

Dear Alex,

Great looking plants. I look forward to seeing some more mature N. lowii lowers as they get some more girth. Where's your friend these days to tell you how you can't grow plants? lol.

Not to rain on this parade, but I had a N. aristolochiodes that was smaller than yours, and the tiny growth tip started to turn black and look like yours. Needless to say, it didn't make it, but my conditions were severely less than ideal for an N. aristolochiodes. Hopefully it's not the same thing. I wish I had a picture to compare.

xvart.

hmm. i guess we will see then. and my friend? Garren? HAHAH!! i think hes on the prowel for another grower to attack :)

V: dude. i know the ratio is crazy. so is the pitcher:leaf ratio of lowii too! good luck with your fusca! its slow but its gonna be faster than your rajah :)

thanks for the comments everyone!
Alex

lol....so far its as slow as my rajah. :p

Back