What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
All the picture threads made me want to snap a few myself. A few of my neps, with a couple other goodies thrown in!

Little sanguinea.
IMG_5245.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

For some reason, it threw that one leaf and pitcher straight up. The pitcher has a malformed lid, so I'm guessing it was some kinda environmental stress that caused this:
IMG_5280.jpg

Small ramispina. Or so it was labeled. I wonder if it may be a hybrid, or that as it matures the pitchers will darken:
IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5208.jpg

With flash:
IMG_5279.jpg

Little bongso. Nothing like rattlers! - but hey it's just an infant still!
IMG_5285.jpg

With flash:
IMG_5264.jpg

thorelii x (spectabalis x northiana). Love this one, grows so well!
IMG_5269.jpg

IMG_5270.jpg

With flash:
IMG_5267.jpg

Lady Pauline. I also really like this one! Easy and quick grower:
Flash:
IMG_5287.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

And just for fun. Couple of drosera aliciae:
IMG_5283.jpg

IMG_5214.jpg

Baby capensis (I think...?)
IMG_5213.jpg

Finally, found this little fella tonight. He's now outside building a web somewhere I assume. At a certain angle, it looks like a skull of sorts:
IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5256.jpg

Awesome pics!! I wish I could take nice pictures like that, but my camera sucks! Do you have just a normal digital camera, or something special?

Thanks. Nothing special, just a point and shoot Canon - SD400, a few years old now. My main complaint is it absolutely needs quite bright light to take pictures halfway decent. Even a cloudy day messes it up.

Wow, your lady pauline looks soooo nice. Mine doesn't have such a flared lip, and is not as bright a color. Hopefully mine will look more like yours as it matures. Very nice plants bud.

That thorelii x (spectabalis x northiana) will be quite nice when it matures!

Your ramispina looks like it is one to me. I've had one for 3 years, grew it from a wee sprout.

yup that is a ramispina and nice pics. :) Its a fast grower and a rewarding plant. I got mine as a basal offshoot without any roots and with a couple of leaves. Now its growing like a champ with pitchers on every leaf that last more than 5 months.

That critter looks like Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas!

Back