What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie looking for a smaller plant window Nep.

Hi,

I have been reading up on Neps and is seems that the easier plants all get big. I would like to get a somewhat smaller plant to grow in a S.W. facing plant window. The window receives dappled sun in late morning and full sun most of the afternoon.

Summer temps are approx. low 80's in the afternoon and low 70's at night. Winter temps are upper 60's maybe low 70's on a sunny day and low 60's at night. Here in Nebraska the winter air is dry. Orchids do well in this window year around.

I am looking at N. ventricosa x gymnamphora and N. muluensis x lowii. The vendor says these are somewhat compact plants. Will these plants do well in a plant window?

Thanks.

You could always buy what you want and when it gets too big or rambling you can make cuttings. That's what I've been doing with my N. ventrata.

vent x gymnamphora will probably do decent on a windowsill. vent x pectinata and vent x talangensis would be good too. I don't have much experience with gymnamphora, so I don't know if that would do ok on a windowsill. I can tell you that bellii most likely will not.

Back