What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Door Closes, Another Opens

Maxx

Someday is not a day of the week.
How many of you have come home from a trip to see a great change in your plants? Well that's what happened to me, in a good and bad way.

I expected my Sarracenia collection to have been more, how do I put this, alive looking. The spring growth seemed to come to an end pretty quickly.
Sarracenia+Collection.jpg

One the other hand a few of my Neps have taken off!

This Sabre is a really cool plant. I like how it starts off with a dark red peristome and then as it fades, it gets all stripy.
Sabre+01.jpg

Sabre+03.jpg

And lastly, my Ventricosa X Inermis. This thing started making huge pitchers, well compared to its previous ones. This has always been my best growing nep!
Ventricosa+X+Inermis+06.jpg

Ventricosa+X+Inermis+03.jpg

Ventricosa+X+Inermis+04.jpg

Ventricosa+X+Inermis+09.jpg

Thanks for looking everybody! And thanks to my sister for helping me arrange the plant for pictures. :)

Sorry to hear about your Sarrs.

Nice pics

How many of you have come home from a trip to see a great change in your plants?
I go away every summer and come back usually sometime in the end of June. My plants always look so much bigger and different from when I left them. It's very exciting.

You're really giving me something to look forward to with that ventrinermis. Most of my Sarrecenia have been doing that to. I guess the only thing to do is wait and hope for improvement. :-(
Sometimes I'll find a big pitcher hiding behind another pot. Thats always nice. On the other hand I also have often found plants (my Drosera Roseana for example) die within days of them beggening to look bad.

yeah, my sarrs are looking like they just woke up from dormancy still :( Nice neps!

Yeah, that ventrinermis was half the lenght and had no pitchers when I got it. :)

Thanks guys!

Back