What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey all!

I shot some photos yesterday, and have a few to show. First, the most cold-tolerant nepenthes I've ever seen, N. ventricosa x aristolochioides. This has lived on my deck for over two years now, all year long. It's been through light freezes, and two winters where the average high temps are in the low 50s. Through it all it pitchers and grows. In summer, however, it does kick up a bit, and right now it's trying to make tons of new pitchers. And it's flowering.

Nventricosaxaristo1.jpg

And it's sort of a strange flower - I'm assuming it's female:
Nventricosaxaristoflower.jpg

Here's a new pitcher:
Nventricosaxaristo2.jpg

And here's a closeup of the stem, which shows how it makes lots of side shoots:
Nventricosaxaristo3.jpg

Here's a seed grown N. ventriocsa I have that makes nice whiteish pitchers. This is grown under very bright T5 fluorescents which usually bring out reds:
Nventgreenxred1.jpg

Some new pitchers of N. sib x TM:
NsibuyanensisxTM4.jpg

NsibuyanensisxTM3.jpg

N. clipeata:
Nclipeataclone24.jpg

And finally, guess who I am?
Nedwardsiana1.jpg

Max

Lol, I confused your name with mine and I thought, "When did I make this thread?" Anyways, great pics. That N. cliptea is an odd one, isn't it? And as for the last one, I think it's a young N. diatas?

Nice plants Max! Im guessing the last one is N. edwardsiana?

I likie that N. ventricosa, looks cool since I usually see orange/red pitchers.

very nice. The last one can either be an edwardsiana/villosa/macrophylla. Now villosa pitchers are stubbier and not that long. Macro has a distinctive fatter shape than what is shown here. Considering that elongated shape with the toothy peristome.... I can only say an edwardsiana. Yet, I am not too comfortable with that guess as I have never seen a plant this small to be sure.

That's N. edwardsiana. Nice.

wow! thanks ilbasso! Yeah! that surely looks like it. :) I can swear that its not a villosa or a macrophylla. :)

Looks like there are 2 forms of this: kinabalu & trusmadi. Any idea which this one might be Max?? :) What are the differences I wonder. Well...still congrats man! Wonderful plants. :)

Noooo! I failed. Oh well, N. edwardsiana was my second guess.

You have some stunning plants there!

Great pictures! I always look forward to seeing updated shots of your plants.

I really like that vent x aristo! The best features of both parents show.

Like everyone else, I'll say edwardsiana. (No, I'm not just saying that because everyone else is.) lol

(No, I'm not just saying that because everyone else is is.) lol

I am! I would've guessed a TM. That will be a great one to watch grow up. A very nice "year in the life of..."

xvart.

those are some amazing pictures, Capslock. The N. sib x TM pitchers are beautiful

those are some amazing pictures, Capslock. The N. sib x TM pitchers are beautiful

They sure are, but I must plead ignorance here...what is "TM"?

TM = N x trusmadiensis = N.lowii x N.macrophylla. I am unsure of the exact cross...I would assume that lowii was the female based on its heavy influence in this hybrid.

Nice pictures and beautiful plants. I'm quite jealous!

TM = N x trusmadiensis = N.lowii x N.macrophylla. I am unsure of the exact cross...I would assume that lowii was the female based on its heavy influence in this hybrid.

Ah, thank you. I was trying to think of two words, not one. Heck of a plant.

N. trusmadiensis is a (very rare) natural hybrid, so it doesn't matter which parent is which, thus N. lowii < x > macrophylla.

xvart.

That N. ventricosa x aristolochioides is awesome.
very colorful and beautiful.:-D
Thanks for your sharing.

Back