What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help , I'm new , 1st post

The reason it rotted is because it has been kept too wet. It is possible that the bag didn't let enough water evaporate out of the soil, so the plant stayed too wet for too long. Yeah, theres still some green on the stem, but look at the top (thats the important part). Its totally brown, and so is about 95% of the stem and leaves.

That sure did get cooked bad. My raff looked like that when I put it outside in the GH. Im still keeping it and hoping for the best. I would hang on to it and see what happens, you never know.

That growth point is definitely dead, and you will never see another leaf come out of the center... but it could grow a new one! It's a maxima hybrid after all. Czech this thread

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111158&highlight=christmas+gymnamphora

Try to keep the soil moist rather than wet, and let the top layer dry out before watering. Or you could just throw it out if you don't feel like watering a dead plant.

Back