What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Experience w/ specific cuttings?

Jefforever

A yellow M&M
I'm going to be taking some N. Albomarginata "black" cuttings soon. Does anyone have experience with rooting this species?

I also will be receiving a cutting of N. Lavicola. Anyone have experience with this species? It'll probably need the same treatment as a Spectabilis cutting... which I have never rooted.

Thanks for any advice! :-D

EDIT: Oh yeah - I'll try to take pics tomorrow!

Hey Jeff,
I've rooted a N. albo 'black' cutting. I did it in highland conditions in pure lfs, and it took 4-5 months (!!) to root, but has turned into a great plant! My parent plant, which I traded away a long time ago, was a pretty consistent grower, but in a tank. In my highland grow room, the cutting is now about 1.5 years old, and has several nice pitchers.

I haven't cut N. lavicola, but I have a big, three growth-point plant that always has 10+ pitchers on it. The pitchers aren't spectacular, but they last a long time, it makes a ton, and the overall plant is very nice.

Capslock

Jeff, I have rooted them in lowland conditions. I used perlite and it rooted in 3 weeks.

I have one and it does not grow well....it's in the basement as intermediate, I would say.
Does anyone do anything different for this species than their other neps?

Cheers,

Joe

Joe, this species does very well as a typical lowland with good air circulation. It is growing for me at my balcony at the spot which receives bright light the entire day and 3-4 hours of direct afternoon sunlight.

Many thanks to everyone who responded! I think I'm set.

Sorry, I just have'nt had time to add pics today...

Cindy - I saw your thread about cuttings on the singapore forum. It's incredibly helpful! I think I'll try that out on my Lavicola cutting...

Back