What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wistuba Hamata Clones

Can any body explain the differences between his 1-4 clones?

Thanks

I have not noticed any difference in how they grow. Each is just a genetically distinct clone AFAIK

I am currently growing clones 1, 2, and 4. As far as I can tell there is no differnce in the plants. All three of mine look pretty similar to each other. Clone #1 seems to be a more vigorous clone in my conditions. I've only had these for about 10 months now so are still very young. I have heard that all of the Wistuba clones are male. It may be that when the clones were taken/could come from different areas/plants???

The plants are not from different locations. Back when the seed would have been collected there was only one known location for hamata.

Unless Wistuba has a labeling system different than normal TC labs each clone is the result of a single seed germination. So he had 4 seed germinate and each seed has been propagated as an individual clone.

Can any body explain the differences between his 1-4 clones?

Thanks

I too have a few N. hamata clones from Wistuba and, so far as I can tell, they are quite similar as young plants. If there is any real difference it will take the plant's maturity to exhibit anything; otherwise, it is simply the genetic distinction and variability among individual seeds that gives any clone a particular name or number . . .

I have heard that clone 2 might be finicky. I don't really remember the source...but clones 1 and 4 seem to be the most vigorous from the pics and info I have seen. Clone 2 seems to be more prone to shock by changing conditions etc.

OR

Is that clone 3?? lol! :p Sorry! I can't really verify without those plants. :p

Well I have clone 2 on my windowsill so I would say it s pretty robust... :)

lol! ok then! there goes my theory out the window. :p

No no, it is not out the window it is on the windowsill :-)) :poke: :poke: :jester:

A magical window..................

yeah...it was on the window sill...but your hamata's growing pitcher got bigger and bigger and pushed it off the sill. :-))

Back