What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
Hi everyone. Here are a few of my Nepenthes.

Lowlander Setup:
Left to right: raff basal, raff, bical x amp, mirabilis Thailand Pink (back), bical recovering nicely
P1020184.jpg

N. rafflesiana
P1020006.jpg

Same pitcher as above, notice it's almost black now.
P1020181.jpg

N. rafflesiana and small basal left, N. bicalcarata x ampullaria right
P1020007.jpg

N. bicalcarata x ampullaria
P1020192.jpg

N. ampullaria speckled (still acclimating)
P1020017.jpg

Highlanders
N. spectabilis
P1010986.jpg

N. truncata Pasian highland
P1020134.jpg

N. ramispina (new)
P1020197.jpg

N. x Judith Finn forming it's first pitcher
P1020199.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Crystal

The neps seem really well grown :) I like the peristome of the bical x amp.

awesome! looks like you're going to have to get a bigger tank soon!

Nice looking bunch of plants. I wish I could grow N. spectabilis.

You're doing a great job with them!

How do you get your spectabilis to pitcher? I have the same clone but it's on my window and it's the only nepenthes not producing pitchers. Is it like lowii, preferring cooler conditions and higher humidity?

awesome opposum crystal,

man that bical pot looks humongous... what are the dimensions on that thing?

lookin good crystal!

Hey guys, thank you for all the kind words! I try. I'll admit that I'm far from having the appropriate conditions for some of them.

How do you get your spectabilis to pitcher? I have the same clone but it's on my window and it's the only nepenthes not producing pitchers. Is it like lowii, preferring cooler conditions and higher humidity?

I have far from what's considered 'cooler conditions'. The temps during the day are around 80-82. The night time temps drop down to around 78. Humidity is 50% during the day, not sure what it gets up to at night. Maybe I'm just very lucky?

awesome opposum crystal,

man that bical pot looks humongous... what are the dimensions on that thing?

I had to go measure it lol. I was pretty far off from what I told you earlier. I measured the usable dimensions of the pot. It had some fancy stuff around the outside that made it larger. The pot is 7 1/2"x 7 1/2" x 6"H. If you count the little legs, it stands 7 1/2" high.

Crystal

Back