What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet more nep pics!

Here are some pics of a couple of my shelves of neps:
Shelf272808.jpg

Shelf172808.jpg

Here's a peak at my shelf of seedlings:
seedlings1.jpg

After a long period of struggles including pests, my N. macrophylla is back to growing properly and has bestowed upon me a new pitcher:
Nmacrophylla.jpg

And my N. flava has made its first pitcher in my care:
Nflava.jpg

Capslock

Wow great plants as always Caps. Do you have trouble with your fixtures rusting ontop?

As always, your plants look amazing! Love your pics.

great question!! My fixture is beginning to rust and the paint rust chips are falling into the media :( I need to keep picking it off the media...but I wouldn't be surprised if there are traces in there. :( :( DO ur fixtures rust as well Max??

BTW...fantastic plants mate. the macrophylla and flava are my dream plants. Maybe someday I can grow them. :)

Does your grow room mold with the mylar adhered to the walls? Do you keep humidity a little lower than ideal to avoid issues like that?
Nice pictures.

Amazing Neps as always :)

Thanks!
I don't have problems with rusting - the fixtures don't get wet though because of the trays.

Nor do I get mold - the humidity is around 50-85% the vast bulk of the time, and since I water the pots by hand, not much water gets splashed around. I used the green water-resistant bathroom sheet rock in this room too.

Capslock

Sweet, that is what I was planning to do one day is buy the stuff they use for bathrooms. I also will buy really good insulation like high grade. Thanks for sharing!

I never thought about the green sheetrock what a good idea. Now that I'm trying to pare down my collection !! Dang you Max, Cut it with the pics and all.

thanks for the info max! I guess I might repot (just in case) when I make a new setup. :)

Back