What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple highlanders

So even though it's summer, some of my true highland plants are pretty happy.

Here's N. lowii (ep clone c)
Nlowii1-1.jpg

My big N. macrophylla fell on hard times last year, and struggled with pests, repotting, and moving around too much. However, it's come back pretty well. Not only is the main stem again producing good leaves (and soon pitchers), but it's thrown a big basal that has two pitchers (the other is around back).
Nmacrophylla2.jpg

Here's a closeup of the pitcher:
Nmacrophylla3.jpg

And finally, here's the N. sibuyanensis x hamata that was available last year. It's got nice striking color, but disappointing teeth:
Nsibuyanensisxhamata1.jpg

Max

My big N. macrophylla fell on hard times last year, and struggled with pests, repotting, and moving around too much. However, it's come back pretty well. Not only is the main stem again producing good leaves (and soon pitchers), but it's thrown a big basal that has two pitchers (the other is around back).

I tell you, it's a hard knocks life with basals like that! What is the pitcher resting in your N. macrophylla pot? Thanks for sharing.

xvart.

Fantastic max!! I love the macros. It is still among my favourite wanted neps which i have to obtain some fine day. :(

Love that macrophylla. Beautiful plant!

Wow! Your basal is about as large as my one and only Macrophylla!

Did that clone come from Wistuba?

Looks great Caps, would you happen to have a recent pic of your N. spec x vent? Thanks.

Back