What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new potluck neps

DrWurm

Californian in DC
So I took advantage of a recent highland nepenthes clearance where I got 5 random plants out of a list of 10 species. I think I got a pretty good drawing.

N. mikei

N. talangensis

N. fusca

N. spectabillis

N. mira

And not one of the random plants but a recent purchase

N. reinwardtiana

So, anyone know if any of these plants are particularly difficult?

Yea nice draw I saw that offer go up but decided not go get it because of space.

Talangensis is a difficult plant if you can't give it cool nights and intense sunlight. Spectabillis is a frustrating plant to pitcher.

Would you recommend growing talangensis outside? (i live in LA, cool nights year round)

I don't know why everyone keeps saying spectabillis is a difficult plant to pitcher. I have it growing in literal lowland conditions, no drop at all at night and it's currently opening two pitchers at once. I figured the mite treatment with neem oil would set it back, it didn't. Is there more than one clone floating around? Mine is labeled as North Sumatra Clone 1.

As far as the other plants, I don't have any experience with them. Remember that the reinwardtiana is a lowlander and will not do well with cool nights.

Crystal

According to the place I got my reinwardtiana from, it's an intermediate and can be grow as a highlander or lowlander.

Back