What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here is a quick shot from this morning of a section of a south-facing windowsill and part of my pest management plan. On the left is an adult Nepenthes ventricosa "Black Peristome" (which flowered earlier and was pruned back) and Nepenthes ventricosa x bongso. To think that these plants were once limited to greenhouses and strict climate control.

The second shot is that of Nepenthes truncata (Pasian Highland) and a Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor can be seen in the background . . .

By the end of the season those pitchers are just filled with insects . . .

NepenthesWindow.jpg

Ntruncata.jpg

Very nice Bella, i wish i had a window i could use that wasnt already crammed full of house plants lol....i guess its growrack and outside for now

Wish I could grow a heli on my windowsill. :drool:

The truncata is amazing. Does the pitcher stay green or does it get more color in the sun?

Looks great! That Heli is awesome! Excellent growing!

Very nice plants BigBella Both the Nepenthes ventricosa "Black Peristome" and Nepenthes ventricosa x bongso looks really nice looking and healthy also the Nepenthes truncata (Pasian Highland) and the Heliamphora heterodoxa x mino looks nice my favorite is that truncata there.

In response to Mr Truncata's question, the N. truncata gets suffused with colour and more mottled as the pitcher further ages. It is still quite young and the pitchers are about 26 cm (10.5") in length . . .

Thanks for all of the kind comments from everyone . . .

Out of curiosity, what are you doing for lighting during the 6 months of less than 12 hours of of photoperiod?

Out of curiosity, what are you doing for lighting during the 6 months of less than 12 hours of of photoperiod?

I don't do a thing later in the season and through the winter -- no supplemental lighting whatsoever. The bright indirect lighting they receive even in the course of a twelve hour winter day is sufficient and the Nepenthes and Heliamphora have produced blooms every year . . .

Here is a shot from this morning (pardon the blurry handheld shot at 0-dark-thirty) of one of the windowsill Nepenthes -- N. ventricosa x bongso . It is beginning to finally produce a crop of pitchers after first attempting to overtake the kitchen window. The vine is currently crossing the ceiling . . .

Nepenthes ventricosa x bongso

SOUTHWINDOW.jpg

uhh.. it may be time for a cutting.. or a taller ceiling. ;)

:hail: you plants are so pretty :love:

I can't wait until mine are threatening to eat me in my sleep...

Looking really good, where did you find that Vent. x Bongso?

Love the windowsill! Wish my Neps and Helis would catch some bugs in my window. :/

Back