What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you looking in a Homedepot or Lowes? It'd be outside in palates.

Look for other bags of stuff like gravel, perlite, and red cedar mulch. It'll be around there.

Lowes. I did find cedar mulch, but I didn't get it. Perlite was from Miracle-Gro as well.

Capensis - I've found the lowes and home depots around here to be just about worthless. No peat at all, hit and miss on insecticides, and they only carry MiracleGro products. That's it. No cedar, no bark, nothing.

So - I've found a locally owned nursery that is much better. Carries peat - the real stuff, in different size packages, from 1 cubic foot on up. Perlite in all sorts of sizes. Long fiber sphagnum, and on and on. Also carries orchid bark, redwood, cedar bark and mulch, and several dozen other media.

Have you checked any of your local mom and pop nurseries? It's worth a shot. Call around and save drive time.

I was actually going to ask to go to the local nursery, but I asked once about peat there, and they mentioned Ace Hardware. So after Lowes, we went there (the two being like, next to each other), nothing. Then my mom insisted on going to Wal-Mart and being the last place to go for today. But, I do still have some peat left. I can maybe do 50/50 orchid bark/LFS? ??? I found the New Zealand kind, I think.

I have noticed both our Lowes and Home Depot have gone to the Miracle Gro brand. It sucks as the perlite has fertilizer in it also. Many like to fertilize their neps, but usually not with this stuff. I suppose you could soak and rinse multiple times, but I would rather find Schultz, or another brand.
Capensis, you will notice that this subject will get you more answers than any other, lol. I have not used pure lfs myself for a while, but Exotica does well with it. Theirs ends up growing, and maybe the live sphagnum makes a huge difference.

Capensis;898105]Lowes. I did find cedar mulch, but I didn't get it. Perlite was from Miracle-Gro as well.[/QUOTE]

i use LFS for alot of stuff, i guess it'll be harder for me to transplant then?

Try searching google maps for a nearby garden center or nursery. They often have a better selection.

My homedepot only carry miracle gro perlite and peat, but luckily when I went they had the bales of the good peat it was in the outside garden area pretty much on the back of the right wall and lowes pretty much same place execpt the left back wall also I get my pertlite from my local garden area or Meijer.

Every time I've been at Lowe's I've seen pallets of the peat bales. You can find them outside, usually by the fence where they have those huge metal shelves that hold all the other mass soil and mulch containers.

xvart.

Every time I've been at Lowe's I've seen pallets of the peat bales. You can find them outside, usually by the fence where they have those huge metal shelves that hold all the other mass soil and mulch containers.

xvart.

I'm positive I checked there o_O. But for now, I have enough soil...I hope xD

Back