What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple of nep species

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
Hey guys,

Its been a while since I posted anything...so here is a little progress.

Finally my N.talangensis has made a pitcher.

2873439853_8b546fff58.jpg

its still darkening as you can see.

Now up next is a plant in discussion recently. It seems to love 60F temps and max around 70F during day. presenting the latest pitcher on my N.glabrata. Its twice the size of the older ones.

older pitcher
2853975485_feb3035939.jpg

newest pitcher
2873441081_1a5006cb25.jpg

cheers,

varun

very nice neps. did you ever end up upgrading your light source?

Looking great :) So, do think temps of low 80s-high 70s is fine as long as my temp drops to about 60?

Looking nice, and congrats on the talan V!

....did you ever end up upgrading your light source?
Im not sure, but I think so ;)

Av

Love the glabrata. No wonder mine won't pitcher - I can't keep my day temps that cool (but night temps drop in the high 50's). I'll just look at yours instead ;)

Dear Varun,

Very nice cultivation. Both plants look spectacular. Honestly, I've never seen a "undercolored" N. talangensis pitcher, in the process of coloring up. Yours displays some very unique coloration that I wouldn't have expected from the development cycle from N. talngensis. I really like the peristome, too.

Keep up the good work and update that pitcher as it colors more.

xvart.

Varun,

How are you growing your talangensis? I recently got a small one and was contemplating kicking it outside under some shade cloth....

-Jason

Beautiful neps! Goes to show that if you put the work in, you'll get great results. I'm glad to see you got talangensis to pitcher.

wow ! Nice! I didn't expect so many compliments. Thanks guys!

@ Jason

Talangensis seems to be a picky plant IMO . It seems to love open media. Initially I was growing it in 100percent lfs. Now I am using a ceph media whiich contains 60 percent bark, live lfs, sponge rock and charcoal. Yes! Lighting was updated. Initially I had a small 24 inch ge gro & sho . It died and now there is a 2 tube t8 lift fixture I got from av8tor1. The bulbs are a combination of plant & full spectrum tubes. Apart from that there is like 60-65 percent humidity and temps of 60f at night and 70-72f during day. This plant just like the glabrata loves these lower temps . The reason my plants are doing well from recently is due to these low temps that I get in my basement.

Thanks guys! I will keep ya updated on further progress.

Hope I covered everything. My Internet is broken and I am using my iPhone to write this. ;)

Back