What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spectabilis x aristolochioides

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
I've had this nep for about 5 months. So far, I'm very impressed. It's vigorous, adapted to my conditions without a hiccup, and the pitchers show great potential. The plant was about 1" in diameter when I got it, now it's about 4". The pitchers in these pictures are about 1" tall. I'm surprised at how dark they turn. They start out light, but within days darken up. This one seems to be a 'drooler' also.

I know there are a few different clones out there - any of have pics of yours? Here's what my baby one looks like so far:

Newly opened pitcher in terrarium:
IMG_6426.jpg

Color under sunlight:
IMG_6417.jpg

Now, here's a one month old pitcher in the terrarium:
IMG_6427.jpg

Same one in sunlight:
IMG_6421.jpg

Ok, just for fun I threw this one in. I love the pitcher spurs on this one -thorelii x (spectabilis x northiana):
IMG_6430.jpg

Yours is a beauty. Mine is still pretty small and has just started forming it's first pitcher. I'll post pictures when it develops if it's large enough to show any detail.

xvart.

:O It's beautiful even when little :3 I'll be receiving one soon about that'll be less than 3". I love the color change :drool: What conditions do you have it in? If I do it right, my conditions are high 82 - high 70s, and at night about low sixties - 58. I have horrible humidity...can reach a little lower than 40% sometimes, at night 50, maybe 60%, but if I spray, it goes a lot higher.

:O It's beautiful even when little :3 I'll be receiving one soon about that'll be less than 3". I love the color change :drool: What conditions do you have it in? If I do it right, my conditions are high 82 - high 70s, and at night about low sixties - 58. I have horrible humidity...can reach a little lower than 40% sometimes, at night 50, maybe 60%, but if I spray, it goes a lot higher.

Yeah, I can't wait to see what this looks like a year from now. But, there are different clones, so maybe your will be different.

My temps are similar to yours, highs 78 - 82, lows 57-60. My humidity is 60-65% day, 75-80% at night.

I think it's a very adaptable plant hybrid. I think it will be fine in your conditions after adjusting.

Here is mine. Looking good so far, and is going to be a very promising cross as time goes on.

Nspectabilisxaristolochioides1-1026.jpg

Nspectabilisxaristolochioides2-1026.jpg

Anyone else?

xvart.

nepenthesmatt picked one up at the last LACPS meeting before I could grab it.

Thanks for putting some pictures up of this plant. I was looking at grabbing one this last summer, but was reluctant because I couldn't find any decent pictures of them. Really nice plants guys. I can say that I'm jealous.

It looks very nice, Xvart! Still waiting for mine...after three weeks...I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Here is mine I got a couple months ago
100_2275.jpg

100_2277.jpg

100_2279.jpg

Ooohh... Very nice, Jay. Gotta love the aristo-ish peristome coloration on yours.

xvart.

Thanks for adding your pics guys. Ours all look very similar. Possible they are the same clone.. Will be interesting as they mature to see what differences may show up.

I was under the impression that they were seed grown. Can't confirm that, though.

xvart.

Yes, I also thought they were seed grown...if you guys got it from the same origin xD. They each look a little different to me, especially Xvart's...unless that pitcher just recently opened.

Guess it depends what your source was. Mine came from BE: BE-3180, which is an assortment of 7 different clones.

Oh, ok. Mine will be coming from BE, too, through another source, though.

Here's the same pitcher from above now that it is fully opened.

Nspectabilisxaristolochioides1-1102.jpg

xvart.

very nice, I'm getting one of these in a couple weeks.

You guys are killing me xD. It looks great Xvart! Can't wait till mine comes.

Back