What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

baby hamata

Well I jumped in with both feet, one arm and a lien on the truck ;)

my new seed grown hamata arrived yesterday:
new_hamata2.jpg

mix is peat/coir based (my fav ceph mix)

also here is a pic of my villosa, ive repotted it a little while ago.. the first mix used tree fern fiber and I just didnt like it's performance. It has now recovered and begun to pick up some steam.

villosa.jpg

thanks for looking
Av

nice plants av!

that seed grown has great promise! cant wait to see what those two do in your great care! :)

Who needs feet? Or two arms?

Great looking plants Av. Can't wait to see them next year around this time.

Crystal

Very nice Neps Av8tor1 I'm hoping to get a N.Hamata or a Villosa once my growshelf is set up well anyway cute little babies I hope they grow well for you.

Yours is much larger than the seedling I got. Mine was about the size of a penny. Now about the size of a 50 cent piece. I've had mine for about 2-1/2 months now and has quadrupled in size with three new pitchers. These seedling hamatas seem to grow much faster than the wistuba TC plants. Hope it continues. Maybe with all these seedling hamatas someone can finally get a female in cultivation.

Yeah my seedgrown Hamata opened up its first pitcher since i got it back in mid september....it seems to be chugging right along and growing quickly now that its adjusted...vigorous little fellas.

The hamata looks like it's going to take off!

Looking great! I'm sure both will be rewarding :)

Back