What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I thought I would break down and post a few pics.

My first N. eustachya pitcher, it started to open last night! Small but beautiful!

DSCN6209.jpg

Little crinkle in its peristome

DSCN6226.jpg

My first N. eymae pitcher!

DSCN6228.jpg

N. ramispina

DSCN6220.jpg

N. inermis x bongso

just opened

DSCN6223.jpg

older pitcher

DSCN6198.jpg

N. ventricosa x inermis just opened 2 days ago

DSCN6202.jpg

DSCN6219.jpg

N. 'Exotic Lady'

just opened 2 days ago
DSCN6210.jpg

older pitcher
DSCN6212.jpg

N. 'Marbled Dragon' (not very marbled.....took a lot of truncata traits it looks like to me...)

DSCN6029.jpg

DSCN6225.jpg

A few pics just for the heck of it.....here are 2 of my orchids I had to cut the flowers from a few days ago due to my sons asthma, these were the least pretty of them all but most prolific bloomers (my sister in law snagged these two, lol).

DSCN6031.jpg

DSCN6030.jpg

Here is a pic of a field of Sunflowers outside of town, it was beautiful to see so many fields full of so much yellow (they are all pretty much dead now though)! This picture was taken about a month ago.

DSCN6032.jpg

Happy growing;
Victoria

Nice pics! My favorite is the ventricosa x inermis.... I think im going to have to get one next year!

they r very nice plants i like the N. 'Marbled Dragon' is that one hard to take care of i would like one

Awzumes :3. Everything looks great!

great neps!!
love the N. eustachya
do you just grow them in the window with no extra lighting or humidity?

Could you tell me your humidity and temps? My Ventricosa x Inermis isn't really growing optimally right now, to put it nicely.
You have some really nice plants. And that sunflowers shot makes me want to move back to Europe.

The orchids were bothering your son's asthma?? Their pollen is too big to be inhaled. Was it the fragrance? Orchids do not release pollen like pines or other flowers that normally bother folks.

Anywho. Your Neps are lovely.

Thanks everyone!

Romie, it is a very easy Nep to grow in my experience

Zero, I do supplement them with some grow bulbs but no added humidity.

Nepenthusiast, my humidity and temps vary from day to day and from season to season.....but for about 2/3 of the year (including now) I have day temps of between 75-85 F and night temps of 55-65 F......humidity varies from 30-90% depending on the humidity outside (we have low ceilings so it gets really humid at night when the windows are all closed). I grow all my Neps in coco/perlite and in coco lined hanging baskets.....I think the coco baskets are the ticket since they allow air to the roots, but this mix and pots need watered about every other day (I also fertilize my Neps).

Josh, Im not sure if it is the pollen or fragrance but every time one of my orchids opened he would have asthma attacks about every 3 hours on the button.....once the flowers were gone he was back to normal.....so I figured I would rather kick them out than have him react like that.....he doesnt have the typical "allergy symptoms" of sneezing or anything, his lungs just simply lock up and he cant breath.

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to view my pics!

Happy growing!

Nice pics! My favorite is the ventricosa x inermis.... I think im going to have to get one next year!

Yes ventricosa X inermis is an awesome plant. It's my most prized one!

Very nice collection of Nepenthes and very nice orchid flower I really like your N. eustachya very cute and bright colored. =)

That picture with the fields of sunflowers is wonderful I wish I could do that with my field.

Beautiful sunflowers. Ad astra per aspera!

xvart.

Thanks, I guess its probably a humidity issue then.

Back