What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New N. Macrophylla

Building a nice lil collection are you there. Macrophylla is my next nep I just don't want to order it from overseas yet. Post pics of the first pitcher.

of course i will :3 im pretty excited about this little one. next on my list is Villosa or Jacquelineae.

:blush: Geeeeeez Kris must be nice to be able to get all those PRIMO neps.. Must be nice to have such a awsome cash flow.. How many neps you up to now?? I still want and wish and wait for just a Bongso.. :-( Someday....:hail: Dude do you know how expensive a Jacquelineae is? OUCHY!!

JMurphy: Well, id get both if my pay aloud it!!! But since ive been back in school, my work hours got cut back, so along with that, so did my pay. I found a person with a relatively cheap Villosa, so thats where im going first. :3

*Barracuda 45*: Well i hope for a Bicalcarata lol!!! I just cant grow lowlanders here. My bongso got a little hurt by my mother..but is rebounding. I dont have an awesome cash flow, i just look around for best prices, this was in a trade for a few of my seedling plants that you provided the seed for!!! So, indirectly, you provided me with this plant :3 THANKS BARRA <3 lol!

Well, i am no longer near as worried about it as i was before, it is putting out a new leaf :D it survived!! **happy dance** lol

How is your macrophylla doing?
I think the plant on the first picture looks very bad and not healthy.

Its pulling back, if you read my previous post from a couple of days ago. Putting out a new leaf finally. I was upset with the appearance of it when it arrived, but there is hope for it.

Good news, SirK! I never consider a plant "mine" until it has growth in my care. With a plant as special as a macro, it's a HUGE relief to see it bouncing back. This is not an easy plant to grow - mine have had ups and downs. And when they're doing well (which mine are now. :) ) it's incredibly rewarding. Keep up the good work and keep us updated! Not many of us have the conditions to grow these beauties so we have to feed the rest of the people pictures! I have an inflating macro pitcher right now that I'll photo as soon as it's open.

Capslock

As soon as the new leaf is exposed, I will take a picture. It seems to be faster than my lowii, which is actually growing pretty fast. I use natural cooling methods for winter indoor growing. And I will more than likely grow it outside come summertime. Gotta love the climate of western washington. My growrack has days in the mid to upper 70s and nights into the mid to upper 40s and low 50s, good airflow, and high humidity, good drainage and a top dressing of live lfs, it seems to love my conditions. I use 4 24" 20watt fluorescent tubes, two daylight, two coolwhite, running from 6am till 10pm.about 7" above the plant itself.

Hi

Yes macrophylla is really a fast grower.
This is also my fastest plant i have.
I grow it outside in the trailer with temps at daytime 30C and night 8-10C.
I did not like high humidity and grow all my plants with max 65%RH.

COOL
Its a bit battered but will soon came back with TLC.Not the fastest of growers i find it likes sun and lots of it ,the leaves go almost like thick rubber and the pitchers are almost like wood very tough and long lasting ;-)
Bye for now Julian

damn! I sooo want one of these plants. :( lol!

new leaf almost revealed, it will look happy and healthy in no time, im glad it took a liking to my conditions
neps11-9-08005.jpg

Nice recovery!

yeah, hopefully it will pitcher for me, but if not, as long as it is growing...im happy lol

Man seeing yours recover and it getting colder here makes me want mine to get here like a week ago.

new leaf almost revealed, it will look happy and healthy in no time, im glad it took a liking to my conditions

Congratulations! Once Nepenthes macrophylla get started and truly become accustomed to local growing conditions, they'll definitely thrive. Here are a couple of mine -- still on the younger side:

N. macrophylla (basal shoot from adult seed-grown plant)
Nmacro2.jpg

N. macrophylla (seed-grown)
Nmacro.jpg

Back