What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. izumiae x trusmadiensis

bluebird

Rub my belly!
Today my baby seed grown N. izumiae x trusmadiensis came it's a cutie I've seen pics of it's pitchers online so I thought I ordered the little guy also I love both it's parant's upper pitchers so I think as this hybrid grows it'll be interesting to see how it looks I'll update this thread once it's new pitcher fully inflates.

Anyway this little Nep came bare-root my first time ordering one bare-root it came intact and it has a pitcher on each leaf so that's a nice surprise the pitchers that are open I can see ridges, but the pitchers are kinda small for my camera to take good shot of it's peristome.

I got it potted in a 5inch pot with equal parts live LFS and perlite and a little layer of just live LFS on top the plant itself is about 3 and 1/2 inches.

The 6 and 7 picture is the Live sphagnum I got a few days ago the one is picture 6 is from the N.Izumiae X XTrusmadiensis pot and the 7 is my sphagnum grow container I got set up today tuesday it might rain so that'll be good for it and hopefully it grows and fills the container up.

I hope this Nep grows well it'll be nice to see how this hybrid turns out I think it has some potential. :boogie:

I look forward to seeing what the pitchers look like as it grows, as, like you, I love both the parents pitchers.

Beautiful! It definately has potential. You're lucky to have one!

i just got one too and they look good! bigger than i thought theyd be. That live LFS should help a bunch too. Good luck and keep us updated!

This will be a great plant. I saw one at the NECPS show and it was wonderful, and only just scratched the surface of potential as it matures.

Keep us posted and thanks for sharing!

xvart.

How much did it cost you guys btw because I think i might wanna get one too

great nep bluebird!
I have 2 of these and expect it to be one of the best new hybrids in my eyes.
Should rival Predator in persitome shape, but have a dark purple body.
peace,
zero

i sure hope your right zero! i think iz x tm will actually have a better peristome than 'preadator' with a better pitcher body! Time will tell!

@. elsantaclause: It cost me 52 that's with shipping I think it's a good price for it came in great shape so I'm happy. =)

So far it's doing good, but it's only been one day I really like it and it's my favorite hybrid once it matures it should be great I'll be sure to post updates as the pitchers form or matures more and thanks alot for the comments also Zero do you see any variation in the two Izumiae x xtrusmadiensis you have?

I think it'll have high potential :)

Nice bunch of photos, bluebird! I think you will find the pitchers become darker as they mature.

Here is another one, on the right. (On the left is N. (spathulata x aristolochioides) x (lowii x ventricosa.)

1-27.jpg

Cheers and good growing,
kpg

Nice coloration there killerplantsguy I really like the peristome on this hybrid and the leaves on mine seems to have some fuzz on the outer side of the leaf like yours I wonder if that's a trait of the Izumiae or Xtrusmadiensis?

Thanks for posting the picture of yours I'll be sure to take good care of mine and keep it happy.

Thanks alot for the comments.

Wow - that pitcher is beautiful! Love the colors of the interior, the peritisome, everything. I'm a sucker for dark pitchers, and this one looks like a stunner!

D**n those are nice Killerplants! can't believe the blackness

...Canz I borrow that? Please. :3

That is just beautiful! I like how it is very dark.

Here's a small update the first two is pictures of it is in the morning on tuesday when I noticed it was a bit more open and the rest are pictures of it fully opened also a picture of my D.binata multifidea however you spell it it's making this one leaves not sure if it's normal.

Hopefully next year I'll have a better camera to take pictures with it's so hard to do close ups of the pitchers with it.

My next update will be when it makes a new pitcher in my enviroment so it'll be awhile.

What conditions are you giving it right now because I might get one soon

During the day it gets 77F to 87F or so depends if it's cloudy or sunshine and nights 70F also when it was getting cold temps at the windowsil got down to 66F at night, but this week been pretty warm so it's back to 70F Humidity 30% to 50% during the day depends how warm it is that day and night 57% to 60% right now it has three pitchers one it already had since I got it dried up the others are looking fine the second forming pitcher slightly opened for me today and since I've owned the Nep it opened it's first leaf and the tendril on it extended some..

Right now it's just in my grow table no lights over it there's a CFL bulb sorta near it, but I just use it on cloudy days It's potted in equal parts live LFS and perlite so I'm sure the live LFS helps keep the humidity around it up I've been misting the LFS lightly in the morning and sometimes at night to keep it from drying out it seems like a hardy hybrid so far and the pitchers are very nice they start out all green and over time as they get bigger and form they get their red color I can't wait till the new leaf tendril makes a pitcher it'll be the first one to form in my enviroment I need to take a few pictures to show the progress I'll do that tomarrow I hope the information I provide you is good I'm still new with Neps.

When you get this I hope it does well for you. =)

Hi guys

just want to show my izumiae x TM.
Its a very fast grower under typical highland conditions.

Back