What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. veitchii 'Bau' - photo log of how a pitcher develops

Cindy

Staff member
8 October
I discovered this pitcher trying to look like a skinny Orang Utan.
vetichii_mt.jpg

15 October
It had since developed a slight hunchback and belly.
vetichii_mt1.jpg

16 October
The pitcher is starting to open.
veitchii_mt2.jpg

veitchii_mt3.jpg

The hair (or fur)!!!
veitchii_mt4.jpg

veitchii_mt5.jpg

16 October
Photos during night.
veitchii_mt6.jpg

veitchii_mt7.jpg

veitchii_mt8.jpg

veitchii_mt9.jpg

17 October
veitchii_mt10.jpg

veitchii_mt11.jpg

20 October
The peristome was at its best.
vetichii_mt15.jpg

vetichii_mt16.jpg

vetichii_mt17.jpg

22 October (today)
The peritsome is starting to fold back.
veitchii_mt12.jpg

veitchii_mt13.jpg

veitchii_mt14.jpg

The pitcher is actually more pink and flesh-tone in reality. I only managed to get the correct colour when I take a close-up.
vetichii_mt20.jpg

vetichii_mt19.jpg

Beautiful plant you have there . . .

I agree. Very nice! I can see a lot of similarities between this Bau form and the Bareo form; they seem to have very similar pitcher-development rates as well.

By the way, I really like the way that fern adds as a backdrop to the pics - especially the October 20th pics!

Very beautiful! Awesome! By the way I have an amp and an albomarginata that are also labled "Bau" . Is that a region/locality or some other type of discription? Just curious.

looking great. WOW!!

Great looking plant and beautiful pictures! Nice job Cindy!

Phenomenal. I adore the stark contrast in colors between the pitcher body and the peristome.

xvart.

Very beautiful! Awesome! By the way I have an amp and an albomarginata that are also labled "Bau" . Is that a region/locality or some other type of discription? Just curious.

Bau is a region in Sarawak, within Kuching itself. A lot of gold mining used to take place there.

Excellent looking pitcher!

Back