What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glabrata experiment

Looking great. You are still giving me hope for neps in household humidity...someday.

Nightsky, someday might just have to be sooner than you think, because my plants are growing like gangbusters!

Today:
IMG_0344.jpg

The biggest pitcher is the most recent; it opened a while ago. Take a look at the leaf sizes for the respective pitchers...While the smaller one is about half the length of its respective leaf, the larger pitcher is about twice the size as its leaf!
IMG_0341.jpg

Oh, and as a side note:

This N. glabrata grows right alongside N. tentaculata and N. hamata...also thriving, not just surviving. And the funny thing is, the temperature drop at night never really goes below 65 degrees Fahrenheit, because the days are slowly warming up, and I still keep the windows closed...

N. tentaculata
IMG_0337.jpg

N. hamata
IMG_0345.jpg

Looks like it's doing great! It has a very nice red leaf. Edit: The tenta and hamata are looking great, too.

Looking very nice Jimmy. Healthy Sphagnum too which is an excellent sign! Looks like rush is popping up here and there in the pots. Pull that weed asap! That stuff is nasty and will turn your pot into a solid block of roots in short order.

I happened to take a photo today of my glabrata, and though not the best pic, figured I'd use it to bump this thread. It's been growing in more ultrahighland conditions than highland conditions over the winter though.
IMG_6091.jpg

Looking great, Andrew.

Hey, very nice plants, i was wondering if i could possibly join with my new n. glabrata once it gets acclimated? im not sure if we got them from the same nursery but im not sure how many nurseries offer the plant...the only difference is i got the next size up and mine has quite a few differences compared to yours

ill try to get a pic posted, but it has one stem with 2 you could say starting to vine sideshoots, its about double the size of your plant, no pitchers...i was going to try and get acclimate it to window sill growing...and this summer possibly greenhouse growing conditions...but i dont have a lot of info on my growing because this is the 2nd day ive had mine.

also i got a tentaculata too which is just as new as the glabrata though its 3-5 inches in diameter and its pitchers are 2-3 inches, that i can share results

Dustin, by all means you can track your growth with your glab on this thread....Im opened to it all ;)
ill try and get pics of mine here soon. it got hit with mites just before i went nuclear on the freakin things...
Its recovering now though finally. just a couple of deformed blotched leaves came out of it.

Already starting to vine! *sniffle, sniffle*... They grow up so fast!

53109587.jpg

53109588.jpg

53109589.jpg

The leaves are much larger now, too. :p I love it!!!

Jeeze yours vined early. Mine hit about 9 inches before starting to vine.

Looking great, Jimmy! Keep it up. :)

I say Jimmy wins XD

Ill have to get photos of mine when I get back. Mine was beginning to vine as well, but got hit with mites so had about a period of 10 leaves that were deformed, but for every damaged leaf it made, it activated a node on that part of the stem, so I'm looking at 10 or so growthpoints not including the tip. Ill check when I'm home. Good job jimmy :) and no one has one anything yet ;) there is no set end, but I think it was a year after getting the plant when we would do the actual comparing? Idk how long its been, too lazy to check on my phone lol. Andrew should post his, IFRC his was near vining as well.

Nice Plants!

nice plants...ill try to get mine up tomorrow :)

dustin

Mine is starting to get some decent size. It's still pitchering in this heat, though not on every leaf - must be because the nights are still suitable (temps were more ultrahighland during winter). I caught one of the tendrils grabbing onto one of my sibuyanensis tendrils above it a while back.
IMG_6297.jpg

On another note, I sowed some glabrata seeds a few days ago.
I just looked at the first post in this thread again, and I can't believe how much this plant (and it's sphagnum topdressing) have grown! :D

Yeah andrew its quite shocking to see much these plants have grown since we got them...I can't wait for mine to grow out those nodes, gonna look like a bush hahaha

Mine has finally recovered from the mite attack and is growing healthily again, and along with that it has activated quite a few nodes...it had over 10, but canceled 6 of em or so....but it shall still be quite the nice little "bush"
DSC02710.jpg

Back