What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attention Tony Paroubek, Pics Alata??

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
Hey Tony i took the best pics i could took it out of the grow chamber and put it next to the window for natural lighting but its a crappy dark day, took some like that then took some with flash. It has very beautiful pitchers and many more developing.
First up in natural dismal light..
Whole plant
CPsnepsalataandVFTs016.jpg

Pitchers, largest one
CPsnepsalataandVFTs019.jpg

CPsnepsalataandVFTs028.jpg

tried to get the backside of the leaf
CPsnepsalataandVFTs031.jpg

smaller pitcher
CPsnepsalataandVFTs024.jpg

Now with flash, the pitchers have beautiful color on the inside of them..
whole plant
CPsnepsalataandVFTs033.jpg

CPsnepsalataandVFTs040.jpg

CPsnepsalataandVFTs042.jpg

biggest pitcher front and back side
CPsnepsalataandVFTs039.jpg

CPsnepsalataandVFTs035.jpg

and smallest newest pitcher
CPsnepsalataandVFTs038.jpg

Hope this helps.. Can ya tell me what it is?????

THANKS TONS!!!!

ventrata

Yessum, that's a ventrata, or I guess alata x (alata x ventricosa)

Sure looks like N. Ventrata. Safe to say it isn't pure N. alata.

Thanks guys atleast i know what it is now, funny thing it grows like GANG BUSTERS the 2 growths ya see in the pic, less than 5 months ago they were as tiny as a quarter, the main plant that wasnt doing well and was very scraggly/sickly i whacked to get a cutting rooted. This nep didnt do well in a bright window with misting twice a day i then moved it to the green house and it picked up and when i moved it inside for the winter into the lowland chamber it took right off and is growing like CRAZY and pitchering.. Other than Jens Bical and my Miranda and Hookriana this is by far the fastest growing nep i got.

Generally alata has a longer neck than ventrata. Its is for the most part hence very distinguishable from an alata. Here is an exaggerated form of alata called alata 'elongata'.

2982365905_9255a3cefd_b.jpg

Back