What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. hamata pics for Mr. Truncata

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Here are some shots of my N. hamata for Mr. Truncata.
It will look better in the summer when all the little basals get some size on them.

Nhamata-003.jpg

Nhamata-005.jpg

Nhamata-006.jpg

Nice. The peristomes are so black - the first one almost looks like a doctored pic, as sharp as the contrast is. As always, I'm jealous.
~Joe

Nice, I've never really seen any large hamatas besides yours x_x. About how tall are those two that are vining?

Very nice. The pitcher markings remind me of digital camoflauge.
digital_camo.gif

:drool::drool::drool: ABSOLUTELY STUNNING Steve!!! :bigthumpup: You have the most beautiful Hamata, love the hairy tops and the pitchers them selfs are just GORGEOUS!!! By the way check your email once in awhile will yaz.. ;):p

Hi Elgecko

Nice, Very nice, I would like to ask are the pods different due to types or age ?

Many thanks Wayne

Thanks for the comments.

Nice, I've never really seen any large hamatas besides yours x_x. About how tall are those two that are vining?
6". Before they got hacked both where around 4' tall.

*Barracuda_45* said:
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING Steve!!! You have the most beautiful Hamata, love the hairy tops and the pitchers them selfs are just GORGEOUS!!! By the way check your email once in awhile will yaz..
Tracey, I'm sorry. I saw the email there for a few days BUT I did answer last night before you made this post! So who is not checking there email now? :-)):-))

Noddy,
If you are referring to the different color of the teeth on the last picture, it is the age of the pitcher. The dark pitcher has been open a few weeks. The one with the lighter color on the left has just opened up last weekend.

Hi Elgecko

Can I ask with you red one as shown in the image avtar is that the same, or a different type under the same name

Many thanks Noddy

Hey, that hamata cluster looks great. How do you get hamata to do so well? Mine hates me.

what are you doing with yours? i received mine as a very small basal cutting several years ago....it pouted and did nothing for the first couple years than all the sudden started growing like a weed a year ago.....can guarantee you its not getting the drop at night some are getting....infact it started really growing after it was placed in slightly warmer conditions than 55-60 at night it had for the first couple years....now it rarely sees much lower than 65-70 at night, 75-85 during the day....60-75% humidity average, occasional spikes higher and drops to 40-50%

Tracey, I'm sorry. I saw the email there for a few days BUT I did answer last night before you made this post! So who is not checking there email now? :-)):-))

Hey :blush: i checked my email right after i posted sooooooo there HA!!!:-)) I gota update ya on some more pics of the kids tomarrow you be suprised at how much the Dwarf Peacock has grown..:-D

Hi Elgecko

Can I ask with you red one as shown in the image avtar is that the same, or a different type under the same name

Many thanks Noddy
My avatar picture is from the same plant. Taken a few years ago.

Back