What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think my ramispina might really be a mutant!

Ant

Your one and only pest!
Well, I got a ramispina from clint (if I remember correctly) and it was making deformed pitchers for him. When it came to me it stopped and made normal pitchers that were decently sized. Well it made a small pitcher with the same deformation. Anyway, I won't be able to take pictures until tommorow. Here is the thread about it. http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110927

Edit: will a mod fix the title? I made a typo =(

Haha. My old N. ramispina resurfaces! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures and how it is doing these days. I'm sure it is doing well, from your description.

I'm still not convinced it is a mutant (nor am I convinced it is not a mutant). I wonder if it could be that the plant that was originally taken for TC had this different morphological feature that has since be reproduced.

xvart.

well, it is starting to look good again, I had a bad experience in the summer and its lower stem looks unhealthy.

Sorry, I couldn't get the pictures off my camera but here they are. I know it looks ratty, I think it was because of the amount of rain I had so all the smaller pots were soaked constanly. I won't be putting it out next summer because it is liking my window better. I noticed I didn't say what the deformation was, it is an indent into the pitcher and a flattend front making it look or like an oval then a circle.

The pitcher showing the same deformation. (sorry, 1 is blurry)
plants073.jpg

plants.jpg

The entire plant. You can see the deformation better in this pics. :blush:
plants078.jpg

plants076.jpg

Well, the only reason I posted this was becuase it is showing the same trait it did with Clint.

hmm, the last time this plant caused a multi-page thread, and now its only "neat". lol

Back