What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thought on Nepenthes villosa...

No problem theyellowdart. I'm glad that I could be a bit of inspiration. Though remember what works for me may not work as well for you. I will encourage you to give the hamata a try though. You won't know until you give it a go :).

Crystal

Read ICPS Newsletter Vol 32, Number 1, March 2003. A Novel Method for the Cultivation of N. villosa. This is probably the best way to provide the environment for this plant if you live in a warm/hot area for ultra-highlanders.

Macamus, do you mind describing the method that is explained in that issue of the newsletter?

That might work for a while, but what do you do after it starts to get big? Or if you have to take a trip away from home? N. villosa is an awesome plant but I think you should stick to growing things that you have the conditions for. If you build a collection with healthy, easy growing plants then you'll be able to get those super-desirable species for cheaper by trading or making friends in the collectors' community.
~Joe

Agree 100%.

Rob

Back