What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. maxima x veitchii

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
I've seen some mature specimens of this cross, and I have to say it is a beautiful cross. As always, I'm looking forward to watching this one grow and mature. It was propagated from cutting.

Nmaximaxveitchii4-111508.jpg

Nmaximaxveitchii6-111508.jpg

Nmaximaxveitchii7-111508.jpg

Nmaximaxveitchii4-11208.jpg

xvart.

Nice nep, I like the striped persitome.
I have one but it has a solid red persitome.
I'll post a pic in a week or so when the new pitchure opens.

Nice plant JC. You got one of the really good stripey forms.

Maxima hybrids are definitely my favorite of all. That one's really nice. It looks very similar to N. Spectabilis with some slightly different coloration. Hopefully it has the huge peristome of Veitchii once it gets bigger. Nice plant, you always find the best of the best.

Amazing hybrid! I love the peristome.

I'll post a pic in a week or so when the new pitchure opens.

Great! Please do. How big is yours?

Nice plant JC. You got one of the really good stripey forms.

Thanks, Phil. I just hope it is also one of those super wide flared peristome forms as well.

xvart.

Looks nice :) serious amount of nectar under that lid.
Bye for now julian

Update: 2/19/09

The peristome is starting to flare out some.

Nmaximaxveitchii2-21909.jpg

Nmaximaxveitchii3-21909.jpg

xvart.

Beautiful JC! Absolutely stunning. I look forward to seeing this cutting take off even more. Thanks for sharing :)

Daniel

Thanks, Daniel. I look forward to it, too. It continues to be a stunner. It is growing moderately slow, but I think that has more to do with neglect than anything else.

xvart.

Looking good!

Back