What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upper pitchers of N. fusca "Sarawak"?

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any pictures of upper pitchers of N. fusca "Sarawak"? My plant's internode length has increased quite a bit lately and it's sporting 8-9" long pitchers. So, I'm just curious as to what upper pitchers will look like.

I figure since the lowers look a lot different from the regular N. fusca, the uppers will too, so that's why I'm specifically asking bout this plant.

Thanks,
-Ben

Give me a few to track mine down and I'll post some.

Alright, here we go.

These three are probably more intermediate than upper

ABGfaizalianaintermediateandleaf050.jpg

ABGfaizalianaintermediate050406prof.jpg

ABGfaizalianaintermediate050406fron.jpg

And here is an upper

ABGfaizalianaupper050406.jpg

Oh cool, thanks. I guess it's not as impressive as the regular N. fusca's uppers. But dang, that thing's huge!

What am I supposed to do as it grows bigger and bigger? I have it growin' on a shelf under lights...

-Ben

I don't know much, but that is a pretty impressive looking intermediate pitcher.

xvart.

that is a pretty impressive looking intermediate pitcher.

Yeah they definitely are pretty impressive, although I tend to like how they look before they darken up and become encrusted with nectar. :p

My plant has already produced a pitcher with a considerably less amount of wings on it, so I think that it may (hopefully) start making uppers.

-Ben

It'll probably be a while before yours gets that large :)

These are pics of one of the few original plants to cultivation, back before they were even known to be a form of fusca. Charles Clarke mis-ID'd them as faizaliana back during the Atlanta ICPS conference if that gives you an idea of how old they are.

Back