What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

izumiae x xTrusmadiensis

my izumiae x xTrusmadiensis seedlings have put out there first pitchures since I got them.
they are growing very fast in intermediate/highland conditions. the larger one has more of a red color then the smaller one.
pics of smaller plant

pics of pitchure that was inflating when I got it. this pitchure shows the izumiae influence in the veins on it. In my conditions this doesn't show.???

izugood.jpg

izugood4.jpg

izugood2.jpg

new pitchure on small plant

izugood8.jpg

izugood9.jpg

pics of larger plant

izugood5.jpg

izugood6.jpg

izugood7.jpg

pics of plants

izugood10.jpg

izugood11.jpg

nice preistome, is it like hamata, like once it gets bigger.?

Very nice. How many seedlings do you have? Those will be quite the collection when they get bigger. A very nice cross.

xvart.

Yay more N.izumiae x xTrusmadiensis pictures they look very nice and I agree this hybrid does seem to grow fast in intermediate/highland conditions and my pitchers that it has when it came has the veins once a new pitcher forms in my enviroment I'll report if it has any I wonder if it's a enviroment thing or something I dunno. ???

nice preistome, is it like hamata, like once it gets bigger.?
N.izumiae x xTrusmadiensis has a toothy peristome, but not like N.hamata, but more like xTrusmadiensis which is a hybrid of N.Lowii and N. macrophylla.

Looks great! Goota love the shadow of the peristome x3. So, do you grow it outside or did you bring it outside for better lighting?

Wow, that peristome is going to be impressive when the little guy grows up.

xvart, I only have the 2 seedlings. Prices just shot up so I'm glad I got them:)
Bluebird, yes it's an environmental thing. The izumiae shows more in cold temps.
I live in a apartment building and control the heat to the front half of the building, so I have to make a compromise on temps.

Good-looking plants, zero. They do seem to be fast growers.

Back