What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Miranda

nepenthes369

Viva La Revolution de Nepenthes!
DSC_0292.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0057-2.jpg

DSC_0058-5.jpg

DSC_0059-5.jpg

DSC_0060-4.jpg

DSC_0061-5.jpg

Just wanted to share some pics of my most robust (only by one) Miranda and show it's potential. Just love how N. northiana shows through in this hybrid.

you grow it outside and its not too hot? when i grew mine out it crisped. we.ll its a different nep maybe thats why, its a n. jidith finn

Edit: lmao forgot, nice plants! i saw it vining up. :]

Wow, impressive size!

Halt: Yes it is grown outdoors (here in Kailua, Hawai'i) it gets all the elements minus some sun blocked by 40% shade I water it (when needed, winter months are quite wet) from every other day to three to four days until watering again.

DrWurm: Thank you!

Wow, that's big!
I envy you in HI conditions.
Miranda is my biggest plant here in Maine.:)

Holey buckets! That is amazing! :0o: Is it just the Mirandas that get that big?

Beautiful! :)

Nope, nar, the bigest pitchers belong to rajah witch get HUGE!

Very nice plant. Miranda is a really great looking plant, especially when big and robust. I absolutely love how this plant is such a fairly common plant while the parentage is still in dispute.

I also have to say that I love that ruler!

xvart.

What are the supected parents? At a glance it just looks like truncata x (truncata x alata (spotted)) or something like that.

What are the supected parents? At a glance it just looks like truncata x (truncata x alata (spotted)) or something like that.

Quite possibly N. [(northiana x maxima)*maxima]

xvart.

Zero: This is funny coming from you because I'm always thinking the same about your growing and xvart's as well in particular, I'm envious of the highlanders you can grow and the fact how you guys grow yours (from terrariums, refrigerators, garage, etc.) So the hawaiian climate thanks you very much. :jester:

It's friday: Give me the full spectrum of what's going on and we'll see what we can do... :boogie:

Narnar: As Ant as already stated 'No'. N. rajah is large but there are plenty others that get huge, truncata, samatrna, northiana, rafflesiana, bicalarata, truncata hybrids, and many more. :banana2:

Ant: thanks for the info.:-O

Xvart: Thank you and I too enjoy the ruler... didn't realize the irony of the writing on it. I wish there were more readily available northiana hybrids with their profound shape and colors. :-D

Halt: Yes it is grown outdoors (here in Kailua, Hawai'i) it gets all the elements minus some sun blocked by 40% shade I water it (when needed, winter months are quite wet) from every other day to three to four days until watering again.

Ah, shade cloth. I was going to express my surprise at your plant's green leaves while growing outside. My Miranda is purple-red all over and I grow it under lights. Have you ever experimented with less shading? The pics look great, in any case.
~Joe

LOL, what info did I give?

seedjar: I've got a few more pics of another and some older pics, but no purple leaves, should see how much light they need for the purple.

Ant: That rajah is bigger. Funny I do that a lot.

It's friday: Give me the full spectrum of what's going on and we'll see what we can do...

the temperate is fluctuation between 60-70F, 50% humidity, and it's growing under 4 54 watt T5 light bulbs (2 of the bulbs are 4100k and i think the other 2 are 5600k). The light turns it's leaves a reddish bronze color. It grows in peat. Other plants that grow right beside it are: ventrata, rafflesiana, ampullaria, and caesar. It's slowly making leaves, but no pitchers :/

Back