What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Variegation on ventrata? Is it sick?

Ant

Your one and only pest!
Hi, my ventrata has some minor variegation on its leaves. I am worried that it is a sickness or something. Is my ventrata alright and is this normal?

Sure thing andrew, though you will have to wait until I get home from school tommorow.

okay, this leaf shows it the best.
plants083.jpg

it aint variegation! is it on all the leaves? i would cut that leaf off if its only one...

its already been cut off in that picture. Though there is still some on some other leaves, how do I treat it?

So, no one knows how to help?

Don't worry, its proably nothing if it always had the varigation.

This just kinda started showing up, only the leave made in my care seem affected.

That doesn't look like variegation it looks as if the leaf might have been folded during growth or transport. Is this a new plant?
If so, wait and see if this also occurs on other new leaves.

They look sunken and pitted which leads me to believe it is damage in the growth point as the leaves are developing. Perhaps a pest or pathogen? Perhaps chemicals?

Question: Is it bareroot? o.o

Back