What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

truncata from Pasian and tiny hamata

truncata from Mt Pasian and tiny hamata

My Pasian truncata clone put out it's first decent pitcher. I managed to snap off 2 pitchers before they opened and dropped the plant 4 ft.:headwall: Seems to have made a full recovery. It's not very red like I was hoping for but the persitome is nice for a small truncata.
The hamata is seed grown. It doesn't seem to mind my mini greenhouse and has put out a new leaf and is working on a second one. Seems to be a very easy nep so far but I have only had it for a week.

pics
truncata

HLtruncata2.jpg

HLtruncata1.jpg

HLtruncata4.jpg

HLtruncata6.jpg

HLtruncata5.jpg

hamata, the old leaves are purplish. I wonder if this will show more or less when it get's bigger?

hamataseedling.jpg

That truncata is very, very nice! Wow! I love the striped peristome!

how come some neps have a bigger peristome, and i like the color i hope you can grow a truncata 2 feet tall! :]

Haha your story of dropping your plant had me in stitches. It seems I'm not the only clutz out there.

Beautiful truncata. Love the striping.

the seedgrown Hamatas are VERY vigorous
i have one from BE as well
released from a new "undisclosed mountain"
has put out 4 new leaves, and 3 pitchers have opened since i received it on September 10th
the plant has gone from an inch in diamater, to about 1 3/4" in diameter.
newest pitcher to open is very mature looking compared to the previous ones. continues to put out the red colored leaves you see in yours as well

Oooh, nice. Neat peristome.

Amazing looking truncata I'm sure the next pitcher will be even better and I'm glad it's recovered also cute looking N.hamata I hope it grows up well for you can't wait to see updates. =)

The persitome is all colored up now. I'm glad It's not dark red like my other truncata so the stripes still show well:)
pics
under floro lighting
HLtruncatacoloredup.jpg

sunlight
HLtruncatacoloredup2.jpg

Nice there. How tall is the vine.

Mr. Truncata,
It's still very small.
1 1/2 in tall
8 in. diameter
The persitome will get much better.
Mature pitchers are still 1-2 yrs away.