What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muluensis x Lowii Help

carnivoure12

Hear the Call of Nepenthes
Hey everyone,

I just ordered a Muluensis x Lowii, I've heard its complicated to grow.Is this true? how do you grow your M x L? any tips?

I do not find it to be a difficult plant to grow. I give it highland to intermediate conditions with high humidity (about 80%+). I grow it in cypress bark and it is topped with live LFS. I give it plenty of light and it does well for me.

Mine's just now starting to inflate pitchers after 8+ months of adapting. My humidity is normally 60-65% in the day, 80+ night, lots of light, highland to borderline ultrahighland temps. It definitely responded favorably to the lower temps of the past couple months. This is one that seems to either do great or just pout along for most folks. Maybe I just got a weak clone.

Like lowii or rajah prefers cooler temperatures and higher humidity.
Give it some nice solid highland conditions and it should be fine, it might even tolerate mid 80's as a day temperature provided that humidity is high and you get a good drop in temperature at night.

It grows slowly, so patience is a prerequisite.

xvart.

Thanks for your help everyone, My conditions are 85-90% during the day, and 100% during the night, the light bulb warms the terra but at night when it goes off, there is a signficant drop in temp. My Heliamphoras are growing vigorously in these conditions, is this a good indicator? I also mist them with cool water.

If you can grow helimphora well, muluensis x lowii should do fine.

my Muluensis x Lowii seems to be growing fine so far. hopefully is inflating a pitcher now. Ive only had it for a few months so i am not 100% sure yet, but its a beautiful hybrid thats for sure.
i have solid highland/ultrahighland temps as well, if it grows well for me, it should grow well for you.

They're easy but slow. I lost mine to summer heat, but before that it was one of my most reliable plants. If your Helis like it, I think this guy shouldn't be much trouble either. Just don't let it dry out during a hot spell.
~Joe

Back