What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It has Arrived! (pics)

carnivoure12

Hear the Call of Nepenthes
Hey everyone, I finally got my Muluensis x Lowii today, and i am so happy! My Mixta finally has a new partner, the plant has 4 nice pitchers with the spikes under their lids. I love the cream splotches.

Any if anyone has any tips for please share them i would love to hear yor advice. I currently have it with my Heliamphoras in the Highland terra. It gets 85-89% Humidity during the day and 100% during the night, MY helis love it, and the light bulbs provide them with sufficient drop in temps. Are these good growing conditions for it?

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

Very nice addition. I love the colors. Is that a lowland or highland? Thanks for sharing.

Very nice!
You are lucky to get a large size like that. I have read that they are slow growers.

Yes they are slow growers ideal for the terrarium I have it in.

Feedme- Its a highland Nep

anyone think my conditions are goo enough?

Very nice! They are so dark I thought for a moment that they were dead.

carnivoure12 - thanks for the info. That just means I will have to enjoy the pictures.

this is the best one I've seen!

Thanks for your comments everybody, I got it from a supplier who sales Neps from Borneo Exotics, so this is a Borneo Exotic plant!

Dang, that's a great nep. x3 Good luck!

very nice carni, mine is about half the size of that...lol but it will be there adventually, i love how it took the hairs from lowii, yet the pitcher shape from muluensis. with a nice broad peristome, very nice dark colors in good light. i love Muluensis x Lowii. good luck with it, ill get a pic of mine for you sometime.

Carnivore12, your humitidty and light conditions sound perfect for that plant.

What are the night temps? You say there's a drop, but can you give a range?

No I can't I still haven't gotten a thermometer, but the helis love the conditions. I would say my rooms temp is 15-20 degrees Celsius, that pretty cool, the terra gets to that temp when the lights go off and the heat is gone.

Kris, thanks for responding, I Hope the light is good enough, My Mixtas get deep red, is this a good indicator?

Dang thats a beaut! I can't wait to see an upper pitcher.

Wow you got lucky receiving such a nice mul x lowii! it's in great shape. Gives me high hopes for mine, but for now it looks like a junkyard dog.

That one pic reminds me of N. aptera. Or was it N. apicola or whatever? i forget, but it looks good nontheless! :D and its big! nice!

Bad news, two pitchers on my Nep are dieing, the lids are curling up, I don't know if they'll make it. Its there anything that could be wrong or is it just adjusting. Either way I'm a bit sad to see them part.

It's just adjusting and this is normal. Eventually it will put out new pitchers.

Back