What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Death Cube ID

DavyJones

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level
I picked up this lil' guy/gal at a Lowe's last fall. Initially I thought it might be an x Judith Finn, but now I'm leaning towards Ventrata. Be that the case, I shall be getting rid of it soon, I hate ventrata. yuk. Anyways, it has started throwing out its first pitchers, so I thought I'd see if anybody knew what it was, even thought it is pretty young.

p.s. Due to pot season ending after I picked this guy up, hes going to have to wait until spring to get a real container. I'm very aware of how crappy the base is.

IMG_3419-1.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg

No, I doubt it's N. x ventrata. It possibly could be 'Judith Finn', but I'm not positive. All I know it's probably not N. x ventrata, so good news for you. Lol.

Im pretty sure your right in guessing it's a Judith Finn, it looks just like my Judith Finn, except a bit smaller.

lookd like judith finn, judging my leaf shape

judith finn, i got one at lowes looks like that, hbut yours came with 2 pitchers.

I hate how Lowes never says what species they sell

isn't ventrata:)

The leaf shape definately indicates Judith, but I thought the peristome would be flared more by this size.

But based on the small variation of plants sold in death cubes, and considering this plant doesn't look like any of the others, I would call this 'Judith Finn'.

judith finn, i got one at lowes looks like that, hbut yours came with 2 pitchers.

It actually came with 3, which all died once I took the top off. I've had the plant for a couple of months now, it just got acclimatized.

Back