What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on sprouting trays finally!

So, here's what's become of my tray setup:

3104594069_175bb7c325.jpg

As you can see, nothing has sprouted except moss and sedge ;_;

3105426014_dba679e851.jpg

Wait, hold on, what's that?

3104594337_500effea27.jpg

3105426322_a7c80cd259.jpg

3105425746_55882f50c7.jpg

Is that what I think it is!? Do my eyes decieve me?

And... WHAT DO I DO NOW!?

Your eyes decieve you.

Just kidding. It might be, though it just looks like 1 half of a seedling. You'ld need to check for a whole seedling.

How's that? You're talking to someone who's never even grown a fast plant, much less a nep. I wasn't aware 'half seedlings' were even possible?

I assume it's a nep just because it's the only thing sprouting that doesn't look like LFS or chives.

P.S. I still have tray covers on 24/7, some guides say take them off after you get a sprout, should I?

He means it looks like only half of the seedling is showing and you should check if the other half is covered by the moss

I peeked at it a bit, just a stem going down to what I would say is the roots for about 3mm.

There's a tiny set of leaves emerging in between the two in the picture, the thing has grown noticeably since this morning!

Congradulations on getting a sprout. How many seeds did you sow?

what species?

im sure you have more on the way. where there's one nep seedling there are 50 more right behind!

We hope. :D

im sure you have more on the way. where there's one nep seedling there are 50 more right behind!

I always find it interesting how nepenthes seeds all germinate at such different times, even when they are from the same batch. And, just for the record, a few months ago a sowed some nepenthes seeds, and only had 1 out of the whole lot germinate. 1 stinking plant. I'm sure you'll get more then that though. Congrats.

Congratulations! Let's just hope that's the first of many. :)

Yup, me too!

i sowed.... 70 XD

It's been 2 months since then, so i was kinda doubtful any would at this point and decided it would be a start for a sphagum collection :) hopefully they do, indeed, sprout further, of course now I'm in the process of moving houses, so I'll just be extra careful moving them the 100 ft. to my next house... heh

He means it looks like only half of the seedling is showing and you should check if the other half is covered by the moss

Thanks for clarifying Ant.

Woot! found another sprout in the other tray!

I shall be giddy for a bit.

what species though?

Im telling ya, one=more! :D

Hopefully you'll be giddy for a while longer!

Nice!!!!..........I just recently got my first seeds and i sowed it.....In about 3 weeks a couple of seedlings emerged...I sowed probally a few hundreds....But for now its only coming out with 16 seedlings and about 4-5 came out with its weird looking first pitcher haha...

Ken

hey ken,

you want see the pitchers you are used to for a good 2+ years. Smaller plants have no tendril, and the pitchers are all homogenus and plain and boring and green and mutant looking.

no idea what species are sprouting, they all kinda got mixed up XP I guess I'll find out in about a year or so... It's either Albomarganita or Mirabilis.

Wow 2 years+++++ Thats a long time............How old are they that i should repot them???Now i got 20++ germinations

Ken

i don't think you actually repot them for another 5 months or so... I'm kinda worried about humidity levels in mine, personally. Unfortunately, I have a 72 hour shift that starts this morning, so I'll just let them get sprayed down for now and I'll fix em up when I get back XD

Back