What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New villosa

I was going through some weather records, and found that the nights are cold enough for enough of the year to warrant a try with this species. Soo, here he/she is. :D

IMG_5634.jpg

very cute andrew, mine will be here sometime next week ;P

Awesome! I wish you luck!
Kris, you're getting one, too? xD I might, MIGHT, get one...maybe...some other time.

nice plant.
it came to you pretty good size. ive had mine for almost a year and its only half that size.
good growing
d

Nice villosa. Good luck with it.

cant wait to see the annual leaf update! :p

is that a 4 inch pot? wow! thats huuuge for a villosa purchase. have fun. :) Its a cute little plant.

Thanks for the comments all.

Frankie - LOL, I'll just be thankful that it has lasted that long.

vraev - Nah, it's a 3" pot. :p Still, I was surprised that the plant was even that big. I was expecting an itty bitty little thing.

Awesome! Looks cute!

yeah man! I have seen plants at 1 cm sizes. That is a good size for sure. If I recall correctly 3 to 6 inch sized plants were offered in the US for a very very short while and they sold out fast. So some lucky ppl must have some insanely great looking villosa specimens in their collections. :)

nice villosa, good luck with it!

Very nice looking N.Villosa I've been thinking about getting one eventually be sure to give us updates as it grows..

I grow highland species and they all live happilly in my basement under lights hanging in baskets. I have only one exception right now and that's rajah. It's an "ultra-highland" and appearently does better with higher humidity than the others and a little cooler. So, I've got that one in an aquarium while I try and figure out ways to get humidity and good air circulation into the same tank.

Many highland species just need warm days cool night and are somewhat forgiving of some variation in their climate from time to time. I've been told that highlands grow well in windows if they are getting the right amount of sun. (not to much not to little)

Rajah isn't an ultra highlander from what I heard.

nope Ant, your correct. Rajah is not an ultrahighland plant, though it extends into ultrahighland areas, but only a small area where it meets with villosa.

Looking good there andrew. Congrats :)

Very cute. Thanks for sharing. :)

Looking very very good man. keep it up.

Very nice! When I got mine it was about the size of a dime! Your lucky!

Back