What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
So nice having some green inside while it's frigid outside. I recently transplanted them all, so some are recovering. Here's a few pics of some of my neps that took it well. My camera really struggles under the florescent light, so a couple of them have a flash picture also - and it still didn't nail the color.

Singlana - I love the bronzy color and the flared peristome. Starting to show some decent teeth too.
12-20-08004.jpg

12-20-08007.jpg

12-20-08022.jpg

Sanguinea - still nothing too special.
12-20-08008.jpg

Ventricosa red - starting to get some 'shape' to it
12-20-08016.jpg

Jacquelinae - I was hoping this would be a dark red clone, but it looks like it's going to be the spotted variety.
12-20-08013.jpg

12-20-08010.jpg

Little baby Red Leopard starting to put out its first decently colored pitchers.
12-20-08035.jpg

Talangensis x Veitchii - Pitchers just starting to get the reddish blush.
12-20-08005.jpg

12-20-08027.jpg

Ramispina - I hope one of these days the peristome actually turns dark like I see in others pictures. Mine don't darken much even under very bright light. I'm hoping it's just a bit young for the best colors. The leaves are actually a dark reddish bronze.
12-20-08046.jpg

Spectabilis x Aristolochioides - I'm loving this one. Cannot wait for it get some size. I love the colors!
12-20-08038.jpg

Glabrata - Finally (!) this one pitchered for me. Love this one also. The colors, the shape of the plant, those long tendrils. Looks like it's starting to put out several side shoots also - I think this will become one of my favs.
12-20-08029.jpg

12-20-08028.jpg

12-20-08030.jpg

Lady Pauline - old faithful. Never ceases to put on a good show. One of my favorites. No sign of basals yet, I may have to try to persuade it into making one. The camera really doesn't get the bright scarlet the new pitcher has - makes a great contrast to the nearly black older pitchers.
12-20-08086.jpg

12-20-08075.jpg

12-20-08083.jpg

Spectabilis x Mira - So far, looks like a fat spectabilis with a thinner peristome but wider mouth. It has an interesting lid protrusion for the first couple weeks after opening. Mine is slow to inflate pitchers, but the pitchers seem tough, almost like cardboard so I'm hoping they'll last a while.
12-20-08092.jpg

12-20-08097.jpg

12-20-08096.jpg

12-20-08095.jpg

very nice neps!!! i love the jacquelineae!!!! how big is the plant itself?
god those are some beautiful hybrids in there. haaha
that glabrata is gorgeous as well. hopefully mine will look that way soon. and the spect x aristo is one hell of a drooler hahahhaha.

Thanks! I have several that aren't looking their best that I didn't photograph (bongso, mul x lowii, thorelli x (spec x northinana), spectabilis, etc)

The Jacq is just under 4 inches across. This one pitchers easily for me - as long as I keep the humidity up. Seems to take warm temps just fine also.

I still don't know why the glabrata took so long to pitcher. Nearly 8 or 9 months. It grew about 2 inches taller in that time.

WOW! Just wow! They're all so great! Very nice colors. Cute jacq. I see the spect x aristo is doing fine, too. Seriously though, you really do have incredible neps. :drool:

Those are some amazing plants. Great job man.

WOW> I love the singlana is it a hybrid? I love the aristo, jacq, and lady pauline, what is the parentage of it?

Your N. talangensis x veitchii is beautiful. I love the pinkish hues it displays. Of course, the rest of your plants are very nice as well.

and lady pauline, what is the parentage of it?

N. talangensis x maxima.

xvart.

Once again, this is an excellent thread that you've put together, Nightsky. :)

That N. spectabilis x mira looks very promising; I love that squareish, light-pink, sparse speckling on the white pitcher interior, and of course the dark purple mottling on the outside. Amazing plant!

The N. glabrata, N.singalana, N. jacquelineae, N. 'Lady Pauline,' and N. talangensis x veitchii are also particularly stunning. :]

Fantastic growing!

Beautiful plants Nightsky :). All your plants look great!

Nepenthes, you should post a picture thread! Everyone's doing it! :p

I am sure you have some very nice plants to show us, awe us, inspire us - and put us to shame! Lol!

Nepenthes, you should post a picture thread! Everyone's doing it! :p

I am sure you have some very nice plants to show us, awe us, inspire us - and put us to shame! Lol!

Lol. I don't know about all that, but thank you for your encouragement Jimmy :). I'll try to take some pics over the holidays when I'm at the greenhouse.

Hey Nightsky, that Talang x veitchii is looking real good. How long have you had that? Once again all the plants look great :).

Had it about 9 mos. Easy and vigorous - and I think as the plant gets some age the peristome gets a deep red on the edge and fades lighter towards the inside. Thanks!

Back