What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'll jump in with a pic thread:)

mirabilis var. echinostoma, the persitome is starting to get that weird look:)
this is growing side by side with hamata!
night time lows of 52F
This is one tough nep, I was told it would drop all it's leafs when shipped but it didn't lose one.
The roots on this nep are extensive. I traded one away and the roots took up the whole pot!
pics
mira1.jpg

mirabilis2.jpg

mirabilis4.jpg

mirabilis5.jpg

mirabilis6.jpg

mirabilis7.jpg

mirabilis8.jpg

maxima x veitchii

maxxveitchii3.jpg

truncata in the background

maxxveitchii2.jpg

maxxveitchii.jpg

N. "Gothica" sibuyanensis X maxima before the persitome turns black
This is the first pitchure in 6 months.

Gothica.jpg

Gothica2.jpg

Gothica3.jpg

N. "Sabre"
looking not so good.

sabre.jpg

peace,
Zero

I like that Gothica. Your plants look so good - just curious - what's your humidity ranges in that grow area?

nightsky, humidity is between 30-55%

Your sabre can't look as awful as mine - half dead from Hawaii scales and aphids along with a rotted crown.

Lookin good! I really like your N. "gothica".

Nice Mirabilis, thanks for putting pictures up of this variation because I never see any from personal collections.That Truncata looks awsome, how old is it? Oh, and what kind of light setup are you using?

The truncata is from a grower in Hawaii. I think it's lowland. About 4 years old from when I received it @ 6 in. across.

Nice Mirabilis, thanks for putting pictures up of this variation because I never see any from personal collections.That Truncata looks awsome, how old is it? Oh, and what kind of light setup are you using?

Looking great as usual! I don't see anything wrong with the sabre. Does it have pests?

no, the Sabre is lacking light as the shortest day of the year was yesterday and we have had storm after storm here all year. The sabre doesn't get supplemental light.

Looking great as usual! I don't see anything wrong with the sabre. Does it have pests?

I just got myself a mirabilis var. echistomata myself. It's in my lowland terrarium and it's put out one new pitcher that shows the enlarged peristome. I imagine that like most mirabilis it will explode with new growth once warm weather is here. For now it's just keeping alive.

Brokken, mirabilis will grow and pitcher in highland conditions:)

Brokken, mirabilis will grow and pitcher in highland conditions:)

Not for me, it won't. I have two types of mirabilis - one is "Viking" the other is echinostoma. When I took Viking out of its lowland conditions, the papery leaves started to dry out almost immediately. I live in San Jose where humidity is naturally low - that maybe a big difference between yours and mine, but in my experience, mirabilis is quite atune to its lowland conditions.

Back