What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Jamban

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any pictures or tips on growing this plant.

Thanks

Jacobs, i have preordered the plant myself...will receive it hopefully at the end of the money to early next month, Michael Catalani has a good little guide on his website on how to grow em, apparently they are very easy and quite vigorous...he believes they can be grown as an intermediate. but do like quite high humidity. very few people have it right now. Jamban which is closely related to Jacquelineae, if is anything like its cousin, will be vigorous and rather forgiving of temps for sure. its sure no villosa or bical :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm Jamban is pretty new to cultivation, but I have the undertanding its a Higlander, Likes high Humidity, and is quite an easy nep to grow, good luck!

Ok thanks i am thinking about getting one but i just wanted to make sure i can grow it right before i spend 100 dollars. I did it with a hamata and don't want to do it again.

if you had trouble with hamata...you might with jamban. what are your conditions like?
lighting? humidity?

Well i lost my hamata to root rot and that is the only thing that i have ever lost one to, but i should have a new terrarium put up by then so i can adjust the conditions to suit it. I tried the hamata on the windowsill so it did fine for a month and then
gone it two days.

O and the humidity is about 40 percent and the light is about 3 to 4 hours.

Those Conditions don't seem to favourable, but hopefully with the new terrarium you can get 80% Humidity, and add some bulbs to give it a longer photoperiod!

Ya that's what i'm hoping for a good highland terrarium it should be up before i would get one.

Try shooting for more light. 4 hours is a bit too short. Personally I keep 2 T8's on for 12-14 hours. Are you using lights or sunlight?

I am using sunlight right now, but with the terrarium i will use a combination of both I think that is the direct amount of sun light each day the rest of the day they get indirect for probably three more hours.

Is your terrarium sealed? If it is it could get too hot for Jamban.

I still have to make the terrarium but i just have to assemble it and just get a humidifier and something to control temp.

Back