What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ill start with the worst of the group
ive got alot of respect for these few plants, coming from the place they did...people gave me freaking mites, finally have them under control

This is why you never give up on a plant...
N. Mikei node, the mother plant was toast from the mites and an overdose of orthene
CPs1-4-09012.jpg

N. Rajah, damn people say this plant isnt tough...its been through heat waves, mites, mealys........god
here it is now, the newest leaf is nice and waxy compared to the previous...hopefully on the path to recovery
CPs1-4-09013.jpg

N. Spectabilis, also had a mite issue....started out with a broken growth tip from shipping too....also, hopefully well on the way to recovery
CPs1-4-09011.jpg

thats it for the bad ones...
here are some better ones
N. Jacquelineae, got good hopes on this new leaf. growing like a weed!
CPs1-4-09010.jpg

Seedgrown Hamata, aborted the next pitcher...but, hopefully got another one well on the way...the pitcher on the left is the one that opened a week ago or so. getting much more hamata-like
CPs1-3-09008.jpg

N. Veitchii 'Batu Lawi' cant wait for the little guy to grow up. gonna be quite a hard plant to compete with :p
CPs1-4-09001.jpg

N. Talangensis basals, after months of the mother plant not pitchering, coming down with mites, and being moved around and put through hell. its thrown out 2 basals, both are pitchering :p
CPs1-4-09003.jpg

N. Sibuyanensis pitcher inflating...quite slowly, dont give up on these things....that pitcher bud sat there for a month or so before showing signs of inflation lol
CPs1-3-09015.jpg

N. Villosa, growing...quite slowly lol
CPs1-3-09014.jpg

And a couple of Sangs, the one with the pitcher on the right is from Andy, got it back in december 07. damn that plant has gone through some crap lol...mainly when it was outside, got knocked over and unpotted.....was in a lowlight window for a couple months...it was doing great in the previous terrarium, but its picking up again. The one on the left is from Macamus...hopefully will start pitchering too. dont know why its taking this long to adjust
CPs1-4-09015.jpg

N. Truncata 'Pasian Highland' new pitcher puffin up
CPs1-4-09017.jpg

N. Glabrata, thing is weird...puts out a ton of tendrils then inflates the pitchers all at once lol
CPs1-4-09018.jpg

and finally for the nep section
N. Tentaculata murud
also, took awhile to adjust but is finally pitchering....
CPs1-4-09014.jpg

ill get pics of the other neps when i feel like it :p

You're doing very well, there!

Wow, they're all looking great! Very nice. :)

yeah man! they are all looking really well. Great job! :)

Remember when you were complaining that I had too many neps. Well, bah. Now you can get an ear full from me!

Looks like your doing pretty good !

Great neps, the truncata seems to lose its wings very fast. After getting a inch and a half tall the wings are gone.
Nice hamata. Must be great to have one, mine died.

Actually these truncata pitchers are well over an inch mr. Truncata, the previous one was almost 4 inches. :p that pitcher is currently just about 3 inches. We will see how it turns out. Thanks for the comments guys :D

ah, well its over that by a bit too. but we will see how these next few pitchers turn out eh

Good job on saving the plants from the mites. I too have had to deal with mites, Hawaii white bugs?, and mealys. I now spray all new plants with ortho sytemic insecticide/fungicide. I wish people wouldn't send out plants with bugs. How is the copelandii cutting doing?

its doing fine Zero, i should be able to get the seedlings out for you this saturday. just gotta put a sitcky note somewhere XD

Back