What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. izumiae x trusmadiensis seedling difference

UPDATED 10/01/09
scroll down for pics
I have 2 N. izumiae x trusmadiensis seedlings.
They look different.
one is lighter in color and has wavy wings, the other is dark with strait wings.

pics,
lighter one,
izxtm1.jpg

izxtm2.jpg

izxtm3.jpg

darker seedling

izxtmsl2.jpg

izxtmsl3.jpg

izxtmsl4.jpg

both seedlings

izxtmsl7.jpg

izxtmsl8.jpg

peace,
Zero

i need one of those..........................

That's variation for you! I like #2 better, has more izumiae in it, but they both look great. :)

Wow, those are both great.

funny becuase mine has curvy wings, but a nice wide peristome and dark colors like your darker one! weird. your look way better than my lil fella though. Need to pamper him more i guess.

They are both gorgeous. At first glance, I was going to say the darker one was the one I preferred. But, after looking a little more, I think I prefer the pinkish coloration on the first one better. A wonderful cross, to say the least. They are already showing some nice teeth.

xvart.

OOOh thanks for the partial advertising Adam lol. I won't tell Andrew.

They are looking good! They tend to open lighter and darken as they age as you can see but some do get darker than others. This time of year all of my plants look really blah with the short days, and lack of sun in the greenhouse... I really need lights out there! I think it will be interesting to see how they differ as they get more mature and show even more individual characteristics.

one more pic of the darker seedling:)

izxtmsl9.jpg

a very promising hybrid. I love the darker clone. :D

another pic

izxtm.jpg

Zero, could you get a little closer for the next pic? :p Just kidding, really good looking plant there!

Capslock

haha, it's like powers of ten. Beautiful cross.

Updated photos 7/02/09

PICS

Black seedling

izxxtrus.jpg

Red seedling

izxxtrusred.jpg

Side by side

izxxtrus2.jpg

The black one is going to be really nice when it matures:)

Man, they just keep getting better and better! :)

Love those two, the dark one looks really special, but the red one is not bad either. Actually, some of the older pics posted here did help me to decide to get this hybrid. Okay, seeing EP's photo of a big pitcher did help too :grin:

Anyway, I received them quite recently, and was lucky to get more than one specimen. The biggest have dark pitchers, although not as dark as the one posted here. However, I am still very happy with it. Now I am just hoping I will be able to grow them well too.

Regards,

Christer

It's nice to get a couple different looking clones and I think they will both be special.

Update 10/01/09

Pics darker seedlings

IZxxTRUS3dark.jpg

IZxxTRUS4dark.jpg

IZxxTRUS2.jpg

Pics lighter seedling, looking kinda like a TM

IZxxTRUS6.jpg

IZxxTRUS5.jpg

IZxxTRUS7.jpg

both seedlings side by side

izxxtrus.jpg

Thanks for updating. :) They're coming along great! Amazing difference.

Wow, the darker clone is starting to show such potential. Love the flared peristome. My plant is also very dark, but the last pitcher isn't that great. Probably due to me knocking the plant out of its pot..:censor:Hopefully when it recovers it'll look like yours. What a beauty.

Back