What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muluensis x Lowii Basal!

carnivoure12

Hear the Call of Nepenthes
Hey everyone, I just noticed today that my Muluensis x Lowii just made a brand new basal! This is my first ever basal, and I've only had the plant for over month, makes leaves but doesn't want to pitcher :( Any tips?

I always say if you're going to mention something that requires pics for full appreciation.. ADD PICS

The Basal
DSC01435.jpg

The basal comapred to rest of plant in 4 inch pot.
DSC01441.jpg

Pitcher Only 1 of 2 remaining.
DSC01447-1.jpg

It seems to be the season for basals. My truncata has thrown up two and my izumea has one.

As for the pitchering issue it might be your humidity or your light. What are the light levels like? What is the relative humidity? Also, are the new leaves bigger or smaller than the old ones?

Congratulations! The only thing to worry about is the basal affecting the mother plant. And as for tips for it to pitcher is patience. I've had my bongso since October 5th, it's just now it has open its first pitcher.

Humidity is is always 80% and over, 99% at night, I don't know the exact temps, but it does recieve quite a drop at night. The Terrarium has Highland Conditions in where My heliamphoras grow and are currently coloring up. Yes the leaves are bigger than the old ones, is this due to low light levels? Perhaps i should move it closer to the lights.

Increasing light a little won't hurt, but I asked about leaf size to see if the night temps were dropping enough. It the temp drop is enough the leaves will increase in size.

Tips? Just leave it alone until it is about six inches across. Just treat the plant the same as always.

xvart.

If that's a basal then my predator has one too.

Hi

Grats on the basals my miranda is flowering and starting to go to the uppers but yet no basals yet........I always have trouble separating basals.....The last time i uprooted my ventrata i tried to seperate the basal and it looks as if the basal was coming out from the base which is attached to the mother plant so it has no roots the basal was already quite big about 10 inches tall....Its like as if the ventrata has a tuberous bottom with shoots coming out of it

Ken.

Congrats on the basal!

JM, I will give you my ventricosa's basal for that! lol, I know its a horrible trade.

If you give me your basal, i'll give you my basal and my love.

Lol when I had a Muluensis x Lowii it hated me. Everything else is good, but that one just did not like me

Where do you guys get all these basals? I got a ******* 2ft vine on my ventXinermis and its only made one offshoot

Back