What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just took a couple of pics today of some of my larger plants.

N. fusca "Sarawak" is starting to try to make uppers I think
e45c9abf.jpg

Not quite an upper, but you can see there's barely any wings on it; I love the look of this pitcher, it's so regal and elegant. I don't even care that these plants are carnivorous anymore. They're just so dang beautiful.
44783c57.jpg

Here's an earlier lower pitcher that you can compare with
2e84126e.jpg

N. 'Effulgent Koto' (mirabilis x thorelii) actually made a pitcher; another on its way.
49cfe84d.jpg

N. x ventrata basal after I cut away the vining stems.
443faf6b.jpg

And a new N. sanguinea pitcher after repotting; it's massive. This guy won me the Monroe County Fair flower show last year, and it'll be even better this year.
d4501bdc.jpg

I should get a pic of an older N. sanguinea pitcher; the dark nectar on the lip is amazing, along with the dozens of beads of clear nectar under the lid.

-Ben

omg. nice sanguina,

Those are excellent. The fusca is especially nice.

Fantastic! I've always wanted N. fusca 'Sarawak'. :3 Hope big is that sanguinea pitcher? :0o:

I love your fusca. Such nice coloration!

Awesome plants! I can't wait until I get a big plant, but that will have to wait until I get a grow rack.

Um, but pitchers aren't flowers! lol, you cheater! j/k

Thanks guys! Yea I really like my N. fusca "Sarawak", but I don't like it when the pitchers get so dark after they color up; I like them better when they're younger.

How big is that sanguinea pitcher? :0o:

ec54f009.jpg

It's around 8" I think.

Awesome plants! I can't wait until I get a big plant, but that will have to wait until I get a grow rack.

Oh yea once you get a grow rack you don't have to worry about the plants getting too big, at least for the most part.

-Ben

Back